You will need a road reserve (formerly road opening) permit for building works that require digging or excavation within the road reserve. This may include:
- roadside excavation or constructing a service road or slip lane
- laying of stormwater pipes or water mains
- stormwater or sewerage connections
- public utility or service authority works
- temporary ground anchors
- wet tapping (for more information please visit South East Water)
- other works impacting the nature strip, footpath, kerb or street within the road reserve.
We prefer you submit your application online. If you're unable to apply online, you can apply via email, mail or in person.