Australian Citizenship Ceremonies
As the easing of these restrictions continues, Australian Citizenship Ceremonies will be held in person.
To ensure we enjoy a COVID-safe ceremony, we ask that you continue to keep yourself, your friends and your family safe by following these four key actions:
- Stay at home and get tested if you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), however mild.
- Practise good hygiene – wash your hands and cough and sneeze into a tissue or your elbow.
- Keep your distance – stay 1.5 metres away from people where you can.
- Wear a face mask when required.
Stay up to date on current COVID-19 restrictions by visiting the DHHS website
Australian Citizenship Ceremonies, hosted by Frankston City Council
Attending a citizenship ceremony represents a commitment to Australia and its people. It is the final step to becoming an Australian Citizen and receiving your Certificate of Australian Citizenship.
The ceremonies fulfil requirements under Australian Citizenship Law, providing an opportunity for the City of Frankston to officially welcome our new citizens.
Applicants for Australian citizenship will generally be invited to attend a ceremony within 6 to 10 months from the date their application is approved. You will receive a written invitation to your ceremony from the Department of Home Affairs, Immigration and Citizenship 1 to 3 weeks before the date of the ceremony.
Please note: invitations come from the Federal Government and not from Council.
While Frankston City Council hosts Australian citizenship ceremonies, the council is unable to provide further information regarding the time and place of your ceremony. All ceremony enquiries should be directed to the Department of Home Affairs, Immigration and Citizenship - Information Line on 131 881.
Further information on how to apply for Australian citizenship is available on this website www.citizenship.gov.au
In-person and Virtual Ceremony Dates 2022 - 2023
- 14 December Ceremony – Location: Frankston RSL
- 26 January Ceremony – Location: Frankston Arts Centre
- 29 March Ceremony – Location: Frankston RSL
- 23 May Ceremony – Location: Frankston Arts Centre
- 25 July Ceremony – Location: Frankston RSL
- 17 September – Location: Frankston Arts Centre
- November Ceremony – Location: Frankston RSL
- 13 December Ceremony – Location: Frankston RSL
- Tuesday 21 February 6 pm – 8.15 pm
- Wednesday 26 April 6 pm – 8.15 pm
- Tuesday 20 June 6 pm – 8.15 pm
- Tuesday 22 August 6 pm – 8.15 pm
- Tuesday 10 Oct 6 pm – 8.15 pm
- Tuesday 5 Dec Online 6 pm – 8.15 pm
Your invitation and Registration
New citizens are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to the ceremony to allow for registration and you will need to provide photo identification.
At the ceremony, you will make an oath or affirmation of allegiance to Australia and will be presented with your Certificate of Australian Citizenship, usually by the Mayor of Frankston.
We encourage you to share this event with family and friends and you are welcome to bring along 2 guests to the ceremony. Please note that guests may not be seated with the new citizens.
Australian Citizenship – for children
Children 15 years and under do not need to attend a citizenship ceremony to receive a Certificate of Australian Citizenship, however we welcome their participation in the ceremony if they wish to attend.
Please note that only the parent who appears on the child’s application form can collect the child’s Certificate of Australian Citizenship.
For citizenship ceremony enquiries please contact Council’s Governance team on 1300 322 322 or email email@example.com
If you need assistance or are having trouble with the website, please Contact Us.