Get Involved in Council Run Events
Frankston City Council are looking forward to the 2022/2023 event season. Off the back of a successful return to events, expression of interest applications will open on Wednesday 1 June 2022.
The season's events where we are seeking expressions of interest include:
- The Mayor’s Family Picnic
- Pets' Day Out
- Frankston's Christmas Festival of Lights
- The Waterfront Festival
- Party in the Park
Applications Open Soon
Applications for our 2022 – 2023 events season will be opening on Wednesday 1 June 2022 and will close on Friday 1 July 2022.
Applicants will be notified in September 2022.
For upcoming event opportunities please register for our event supplier database.
Join our Event Supplier Database
Register to the Frankston City Council Major Events mailing list and be updated with upcoming event opportunities. Please follow the appropriate link as per your organisation category.
- When creating an account ensure to remember your password as this will be used for the event applications.
- If you don’t believe you fit into any of the above categories please call the events team on 1300 322 322 or email us at email@example.com.
- Food Vendors: These vendors prepare and serve a meal/substantial food offering.
- Beverage & Snack Vendors: These vendors sell snack-style food and beverages (e.g. ice-cream, coffee, popcorn, etc.).
- Licensed Beverage Stall: Alcohol vendors must hold applicable current liquor licenses and are selected to provide alcoholic beverages to patrons of The Waterfront Festival (including the Ventana Quarter) each year. Alcohol is not served at any other event.
- Stage Performers: Amateur and professional performers are invited to apply to participate at our events. We encourage you to provide us with as much information as possible about your performance so that we can make an informed decision. We do endeavor to include local content in our events, so if you are located within the municipality, please apply.
- Roving Performers – Performers or activities throughout the event site without a fixed location, providing entertaining activities or interactive performances.
- Demonstration: The demonstration category is only valid for our Pets' Day Out event however there will be demonstration opportunities at the Ventana Fiesta precinct at The Waterfront Festival. For Pets’ Day Out, Businesses and groups are encouraged to participate within the arena, showcasing a pet-related activity or product. For Ventana Fiesta, food, dance and craft demonstrations are encouraged to participate in various areas across the precinct.
- Community Stallholders: Community groups and/or not-for-profit groups. Groups may be promoting products or services and may choose to raise funds through an activity or product at the stall.
- Commercial Exhibitors: Commercial business, interacting with the attendees and selling products or services.
- Activity Providers: Activity providers are businesses or groups that can provide and run an activity on the event site.
- Market Stallholders: Market Stallholders are small businesses selling products or services. The products sold at events must be consistent with the event theme or target audience. Items that cannot be sold at Frankston City Council events include but are not limited to imitation weapons or items such as silly string or confetti.
- Other: If you don’t believe you fit into any of the categories above, please select other when prompted for your category to provide more information about your offering. We are always looking to incorporate cross-disciplinary arts and culture experiences within our events, so if this sounds like you, please get in touch.
Frankston’s Christmas Festival of Lights and The Waterfront Festival markets are externally managed. If you are interested in applying for a stall you will need to apply directly through the operators.
We get a number of applications for these events and as such, all applications will be assessed and ranked as part of our selection criteria.
Key Selection Criteria
- Priority is given to suitable businesses based in the Frankston City Council municipality or surrounding municipalities.
- Prior performance is taken into consideration if you have been involved in Frankston City Council events before.
- Relevance and suitability to the event. A breakdown of each event requirements is below.
- Benefit to and/or interactivity with the community at the event.
- Distribution of opportunities across providers and provider types over the season and previous events.
- (For food vendors) Food checker menu assessment. All vendors are required to submit a menu assessment to be eligible. Council is working towards Healthy Food choices at events. (more information below)
- (For performers) Quality of performance or offering based on the web links provided.
Council's Major Events
The Mayor’s Family Picnic
Event date: Saturday 17 September 2022
The Mayor’s Family Picnic is a fun day out for the whole family whilst showcasing all Frankston City has to offer. Enjoy a range of free kids activities, musical performances, market stalls, activities and more.
This event is seeking beverage and snack stalls, food vendors, market stalls, community stallholders, commercial exhibitors, performers and activity providers.
Pets’ Day Out
Event date: Sunday 9 October 2022
Location: Ballam Park, Frankston
Pets’ Day Out is a fun day out for the family to educate the community on responsible pet ownership, watch demonstrations and to find more information and purchase pet related products and services.
This event is seeking beverage and snack stalls, food vendors, pet related market stalls, community stallholders, commercial exhibitors, demonstrators, acoustic performers and activity providers.
Frankston's Christmas Festival of Lights
Event date: Saturday 26 November 2022
Location: Davey Street and surrounds
Frankston’s Christmas Festival of Lights is a celebration of the magic of Christmas and a chance for family and friends to welcome in the festive season.
This event is seeking beverage and snack stalls, food vendors, stage and roving performers, activity providers, commercial exhibitors and community stallholders.
- Market stalls applications will be managed externally by Little Beauty Market and therefore for you should not apply here, but rather directly with the market operator.
- Performers are to be musical acts that are suited to playing on the main stage. Christmas carols need to make up the majority of musical material.
The Waterfront Festival
Event dates: Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 February 2023
Location: Frankston Foreshore
The Waterfront Festival is a chance to celebrate Frankston’s picturesque waterfront, creating interactive and memorable experiences showcasing the region’s best music, arts, culture, fine wine, brews, food and entertainment.
A variety of precincts make up the festival including, food, activities, beach, markets, rides and the Ventana Fiesta precinct.
This event is seeking beverage and snack stalls, food vendors, liquor vendors, stage and roving performers, activity providers, commercial exhibitors, community stalls and market stallholders for our Ventana Fiesta precinct only.
- Market stalls applications for those outside of the Ventana Fiesta precinct, will be managed externally. Application details will be released at a later date through the facilitator directly.
Party in the Park
Event dates: Sunday 16 April 2023
Location: Cruden Farm, Langwarrin
Party in the Park is a fun day out for the family full of a range of activities and entertainment for children. Families are welcome to enjoy a picnic in the stunning surrounds of Cruden Farm. We encourage everyone who exhibits on the day to have activities for children.
This event is seeking a limited number of food and beverage and snack vendors, stage and roving performers, activity providers, commercial exhibitors, community stalls and market stallholders
- We are looking for performers that are suited to children under 12 and will work well performing in an interactive children’s arena or suitable roving entertainment.
- As this is a low cost event there will be limited opportunities market stallholders those who have a direct relevance to child related products or services will rate highly.
- Commercial exhibitors and community groups will be welcomed but are required to have a direct relevance to child related products or services. This event does have some food and beverage opportunities.
- All stalls at this event are required to provide a children’s activity with a strong focus on family entertainment, particularly the pre-school and primary school age demographic.
South Side Festival
Expressions of interest are now open for South Side Festival 2023, and will close on the 23rd of May 2022. The successful applicant(s) will be notified by the end of July 2022.
To learn more and apply, click here.
Community Fundraiser Ballot Application
This application is an opportunity for community and not-for-profit groups to enter a BBQ, Candle and/or Cheer Toastie Truck ballot, to participate in a fundraising opportunity at one of our events. Groups can nominate which event(s) they would like to be considered for. We endeavour to have one Community BBQ at each of Council’s major events, Candle Sales at Frankston’s Christmas Festival of Lights and Cheer Toastie Truck at Party in the Park.
Please note: This ballot is an expression of interest at this point in time. As the timings and format of the event are being determined. Officers will work with the successful applicant to how this can best fit in with the event when final decisions are made. Please refer to the Community Fundraiser Ballot Information Pack for further information.
Policies to adhere to
The Waste Wise Events and Healthy Choices Policies are now applicable to all Council run major events.
Waste Wise Events Policy
Frankston City Council has adopted a Waste Wise Events Policy to help minimise waste and litter at our events. We can all reduce waste and litter by avoiding single use items (including all plastic bags, polystyrene food and beverage packaging) and balloons.
Healthy Choices Policy
Council is committed to enabling a healthy municipality where people thrive and have the best opportunity to make healthy food and beverage choices. The Healthy Choices Policy introduces a Council-wide healthy choices food and beverage standard to increase supply of healthier options at all Council settings, services, and programs. This includes all Council run major events where food and beverages are sold with the intention to be reasonably consumed on the event site.
All exhibitors selling food and beverages are required to submit a FoodChecker menu assessment, from the Healthy Eating Advisory Service (HEAS) website. The PDF document provided from the menu assessment will provide you with a percentage of green, amber and red items, which will need to be added into the application. The expression of interest will only be considered for food and beverage exhibitors if a completed assessment is submitted.
If you require assistance or have any queries on completing the FoodChecker assessment, support is available through Peninsula Health, please email via firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in my site fee?
- Site size as per chosen at application
- Power (if requested and can be accommodated). Power is unavailable at Pet’s Day out. Requests for power at Party in the Park and The Mayor’s Family Picnic may not be accommodated
- Cardboard skips and rubbish disposal units/facilities (short walk from site)
- Event facilities including security, traffic management, bathrooms and hydration station
- Liquor Vendors have a cool room included into the site fee.
What is not included in my site fee?
- Marquee, infrastructure or equipment (unless specified)
- Staff or stock
- Rubbish collection from your stall, this must be taken to the skips provided
- Car Parking
- Water supply and hand washing facilities
Presentation, Products and Price
We expect that all sites and staff are presented in a tidy, professional manner with clear signage indicating the cost of products. Whilst the management does not set prices, there is an expectation participants will strive to provide value for money to all event patrons. Council reserves the right to request exhibitors refrain from including certain items to be sold at the event.
Healthy Choices Policy and Waste Wise Events Policy
All exhibitors will need to comply with the Healthy Choices and Waste Wise events policies. For more information please visit our website.
Site Fees and Bonds
Site fees and bonds may be required for your site. If you are required to pay a site fee or a refundable bond you will be notified of this upon notification of acceptance for the event/s. This bond is refundable provided you have left your site in a presentable manner and no damage was caused.
Food Safety Requirements
Exhibitors selling edible items must comply with the Health Department regulation - this includes registering with a Statement of Trade. An Environmental Health Officer may be onsite checking all health regulations including waste management and recycling procedures are being adhered to.
There is no commercial water supply for the events. All necessary water must be brought to the event and taken from the event, this includes a hand wash basin with sanitiser separate to any food preparation area. A hydration station for drink bottle refills will be available.
Waste water/ Sullage is not to be disposed of at the event site. Please ensure you bring adequate storage containers for your waste water with you.
Total fire ban and fire danger period permits will be required for all exhibitors with an open flame if vending within a total fire ban period. Please visit the CFA’s website for more information and to apply.
Exhibitors are required to have a mounted fire extinguisher (please ensure size and type is suitable) and blanket (1.8mx1.2m commercial model) at the event. Please ensure that this equipment is compliant.
Please refer to Energy Safe Victoria for the Code of Practice for the Safe use of LPG’s at public events in Victoria. Any exhibitor using gas at the event must complete the Gas Safety Checklist on the day of the event and have it available for our Safety Officer to view upon request.
Safety checks will be completed on the event day to verify certificates of compliances and that all gas is stored correctly.
Frankston’s Christmas Festival of Lights and The Waterfront Festival exhibitors must supply their own lighting for evening trade.
Performers, Activity and Demonstration Providers
Call time at Stage/Demonstration Area
You will be provided with a call time, this is when you are required to be present at the stage for your performance or demonstration. Failure to present at this time may result in your slot being reallocated to another performer.
Frankston City Council reserves the right to make adjustments to performance times and set lengths as per the requirements of the event. If this is to occur, affected performers will be notified as soon as possible.
A standard vocal audio setup will be supplied at each event during the changeover period. Any other requests should be listed when applicable during the application process, or by consulting your Frankston City Council contact. Backing track requirements must be discussed prior to the event to ensure the equipment is available. Our contractors will also provide technical support.
When requested you will also need to provide a stage plan you will use for your performance.
What is provided?
A backstage green room area will be provided to all involved in performances and demonstrations.
Bottled water will also be available in addition to the public-use hydration station. We strongly encourage everyone to provide their own re-useable drink bottle. If you require anything outside of this please consult your Frankston City Council contact upon confirmation of involvement. Unless previously agreed to in writing we will not accommodate riders.
Language and Behavior
All event are family-friendly; as a result, all programmed content needs to be suitable for all persons onsite. All music, lyrics and content is required to be appropriate for a family-friendly audience at all times.