Waste Wise Events Guide
We've developed a Waste Wise Events Guide to help minimise waste at Council events. The guide provides information on:
- Frankston's Waste Wise Event Policy
- Victoria's ban on single-use plastics
- use of reusable crockery and cutlery
- waste management plans
- event organiser checklists
- tips for minimising and managing waste at your event.
As part of our Waste Wise Event Policy, event organisers and traders must adhere to waste minimisation and management requirements when holding:
- a Council-run event
- commercial, community or not-for-profit event
- an event on Council owned or management land.
- prohibits the use and distribution of balloons at outdoor events
- prohibits all types of plastic shopping bags and polystyrene food and beverage packaging
- restricts the use and distribution of disposable straws
- includes waste management and site cleanliness requirements.
View the Waste Wise Events Guide
If you need assistance or are having trouble with the website, please Contact Us.