You may need an Occupancy Permit for a Place of Public Entertainment (POPE) and/or approval for siting of Temporary Structures application.
An Occupancy Permit for a POPE is required for:
- a building with a floor area greater than 500sq.m to be used or intended to be used for entertainment for which admission is charged or giving of other consideration; or
- a place with an area greater than 500sq.m that is enclosed or substantially enclosed (e.g. fencing etc.) or charges an entrance fee or giving of other consideration.
Please note that Community Based organisations may be exempt from this requirement, these organisations should obtain written advice from a Council building surveyor.
Approval for siting of prescribed Temporary Structures is required for:
- a tent, marque or booth greater than 100sq.m
- a prefabricated buildings exceeding 100sq.m other than ones placed directly on ground
- seating stands for more than 20 persons
- stages or platforms (including Sky Borders & Stage Wings) greater than 150m2
Please ensure that applications include a copy of a current Occupancy Permit issued by the Victorian Building Authority.The following link contains minimum standards for temporary structures nationally and is intended for use in the design, construction and use of temporary structures: