Parent and Guardian Education Programs
Frankston City Council provides information and support for parents and cares of children from birth to six years of age. These sessions are run by experience Parent Educators in a relaxed and informative way. To meet the needs of Families', a selection of dates are offered. Free educational sessions include:
Food for Babies (4-12mths)
- As babies develop, their food options need to change to ensure optimal growth and development. Get up-to-date information on the introduction of nutritional foods for your baby as they grow, from first foods to family mealtimes.
Infant Massage (0-6mths)
- Learn the benefits of infant massage, from strengthening the bond with your baby to gentle techniques and stroke to safely massage your baby.
Play & Development - Baby (0-6mths)
- Stuck for play ideas at home? Here you will learn a variety of play options and practical strategies for encouraging your child's play and development.
Play & Development - Toddler (1-3yrs)
- This session explores the importance of age appropriate play and its role in the development of toddlers. Positive parenting strategies are explored to manage difficult toddler behaviours.
Sleep & Settling - Newborn (0-3mths)
- Learn about typical sleep patterns, behaviours and requirements for a newborn. Also learn some age appropriate strategies to address sleep and settling concerns.
Sleep and Settling - Baby (6-8mths)
- Learn about typical sleep patterns, behaviours and requirements for a baby. Also learn some age appropriate strategies to address sleep and settling concerns.
Sleep and Settling - Toddler (18-24mths)
- Learn about typical sleep patterns, behaviours and requirements for a toddler. Also learn some age appropriate strategies to address sleep and settling concerns.
- Learning how to use the toilet can be tricky for children and parents. In this session, you will learn how to begin your child's toilet training journey with tips and strategies for success.
Bookings are essential for these FREE sessions - call 9784 1756
If you are unable to attend, please call 9784 1756 to cancel so we can invite those on the waiting list to attend.
Children over the age of six months are not able to attend these sessions.
Frankston City Council reserves the right to cancel or change these sessions or venues.
Frankston City Council
30 Davey Street
P. 03 9784 1754
PDF Files Disclaimer
Adobe Acrobat is used to view Portable Document Files (PDF). Download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website (the Adobe website opens in a new window).
All PDF files on this website open in a new window. If you cannot access a PDF document on this page, contact Frankston Council on 1300 322 322 for more details, or for a hard copy of the document.