Frankston Youth Services Youth Advisory Group (NexGen) brings young people together to share their experiences and co-design solutions to programs and events for young people in the Frankston Area.
Our NexGen members will provide Frankston Youth Services with invaluable insight to help us improve services for all local Young People.
The Youth Advisory Group gives young people a platform to share their views and have their voices heard! In addition, it provides a forum that allows young people to develop their confidence, social connections, and leadership skills.
If this sounds like something you or someone you know would be interested in, follow the link below to join our volunteer NexGen Advisory Group NOW… It’ll only take ya 5 minutes... tops! :)
We are always on the lookout for new recruits.
- Aged 12 – 24 years?
- Want to make a difference in the programs and events run in Frankston?
- Want to be a part of a team of Youth Volunteers who are making a difference to your local community's youth programs and events?
- Are you able to commit to at least 2 hrs, 4 times a year?
We’re keen to hear from a diverse range of voices from young people aged 12-24years old who live, study, work, or play in the Frankston area. You are especially encouraged to apply if you are an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young person, have a disability, come from a culturally diverse background or identify as LGBTQIA .
- Diversity & Representation
Aims & objectives
- Recognise, showcase, and celebrate young people's contribution to our community.
- Promote the talents, achievements, and accomplishments of young people.
- Provide a safe, accessible, and inclusive space for young people to participate.
- Support young people's participation in the planning of programs and events.
- Assist young people to express their ideas and provide them with opportunities and a platform to have their voices heard within their local community.
- Improving services for young people.
- Ensure young people have their say and that their voices and contributions are heard.
- Empower young people through purposeful engagement, providing young people with opportunities to take on meaningful and valued roles within their community.
- Involve young people in decision-making processes.