Frankston Youth Council is a youth advocacy and action group of 12-24 year old young people who are connected to the Frankston area. The group meets fortnightly to discuss, plan and action appropriate business between the months of March to December. Youth Council provides a platform for young people to:
- have a voice and represent other young people within the Frankston community
- explore their own personal government and community objectives.
Youth Council is inclusive and open to all young people in the Frankston area. We encourage all young people to apply, including:
- those from a low socio-economic background
- LGBTQIA+ identifying
- young people with disabilities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people.
What does it involve?
- Plan, organise and facilitate a youth project and event, based on Youth Councils chosen vision for Frankston 2023.
- Providing feedback for new and existing Council initiatives through a consultative process on issues that may affect young people in the community.
- Volunteer at events and within the community.
- Participate in training and workshops for personal development and future possibilities.
Key selection criteria
Selection for the Frankston Youth Council will take into account the following criteria:
- An ability to display competency during the interview and intake process.
- A 90% commitment rate to meetings.
- The ability to contribute to meetings and complete assigned actions.
- Demonstrate a positive connection with local community members and stakeholders.
Please adhere to Covid 19 requirements
Be part of a change – Apply