There are two types of certificates you can request:
- Building information certificate (often referred to as building permit particulars or Building Regulations 51 (Part 1).
- Property information certificate (often referred to as Building Regulations 51 (Part 2).
A building information certificate is usually requested when buying or selling a property and may include information on:
- building permits or certificates issued in the last 10 years
- current orders or notices issued for the property
- building regulations or conditions
- building permit particulars for a dwelling for taxation purposes.
A property information certificate is usually requested during the design stage of building to ensure proposed works meet regulatory requirements. The certificate may include information on whether the land or property is within a termite, bushfire or flood prone area.