Access to FRRRC will change between 15 July and 5 September 2022 due to local traffic conditions and the closure of roundabouts on the Westernport Highway at Frankston Cranbourne Road and Ballarto Road. View local detours and local traffic flows , or visit Victoria's Big Build or VicRoads for more information.
Frankston Regional Recycling and Recovery Centre (FRRRC) accepts a wide range of waste and recycling materials, with many items accepted free of charge or at low cost. The Centre is open 7 days a week to residents, non-residents and commercial customers. The Centre offers discounted rates to Frankston City residents for the disposal of hard waste. The Centre also accepts small quantities of commercial waste, paint and paint tins.
FRRRC Is not a landfill site. No food, liquid or hazardous waste accepted.
View accepted items and price list
When visiting FRRRC, don't forget to:
- bring a valid driver's license as proof of residency (Frankston City residents only)
- wear suitable shoes and clothing such as gloves to protect yourself from sharp, broken and heavy objects when unloading and handling waste
- ensure children and pets remain in the vehicle
- secure your load properly to prevent spillage of waste from your vehicle or trailer
- organise items into categories such as free items, green waste and hard waste to reduce costs and avoid delays.
Watch the one-minute video for more tips, or view these 5 easy steps to drop off hard waste, green waste and recyclables.
What happens to my waste?
More than half of items taken to FRRRC are recycled, including items for sale at the on-site recycled goods shop, The Treasure Chest.
All green waste from the Centre is bulk composted and blended near Sale to be used by farmers throughout South East Victoria. FRRRC does not sell mulch, compost or other garden products.