Can I rezone my land?

If you wish to change the zone to your land, you need to request a rezoning from Council. Rezoning must follow a particular process and has to be approved by the Minister for Planning. Rezoning is treated as an amendment to the Frankston Planning Scheme.

Zones apply to land are based on assessments that include consideration of the surrounding land use, patterns of developments and environmental characteristics. If you wish to rezone your land, you will be required to justify why an Amendment to the Planning Scheme should be changed.

The first step in contemplating a rezoning of your property is to talk to the Strategic Planning team. Please contact the Strategic Planning Department on 1300 322 322 to discuss the land rezoning.