Local Laws for Trees
Tree Protection Local Law 2016 No.22
The Tree Protection Local Law came into effect on 8 April 2016 and aims to:
- protect our community forest by maintaining tree canopy on private land
- require a minimum standard of tree pruning for the protection of trees and public safety
- protect and enhance the amenity and environment of Frankston
A Local Law permit is required to:
- remove, damage, kill or destroy...
- prune, cut, trim, top more than one-third (1/3) of the outer-edge of the canopy...
- undertake any works that encroach within more than 10 per cent of the Tree Protection Zone*...
...any tree with a trunk circumference equal to or greater than 110cm (centimetres) measured at the base.
Contact Council for an Tree Protection Local Law Application Form for removal, pruning or undertaking works near trees equal to or greater than 110cm circumference at the base.
Frankston City Council
30 Davey Street
P. 1300 322 322
PDF Files Disclaimer
Adobe Acrobat is used to view Portable Document Files (PDF). Download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website (the Adobe website opens in a new window).
All PDF files on this website open in a new window. If you cannot access a PDF document on this page, contact Frankston Council on 1300 322 322 for more details, or for a hard copy of the document.