Phone 000 and ask for Fire during an emergency
In the event of a house fire, being prepared can help keep you safe:
- Stay low to the floor, as the smoke, poisonous gases and heat will rise to the ceiling.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a wet cloth and protect any exposed skin.
- Exit your home as quickly and safely as possible and ensure all family members are accounted for. Consider having a household evacuation plan with exit points for your home and an agreed assembly area outside.
- If in a building follow the directions of building fire wardens and vacate the building as quickly and safely as possible and proceed to the agreed assembly area. Use the emergency exit to get out of the building. DO NOT use the lift.
- Do not go through closed doors that feel hot as there may be fire on the other side.
- If you cannot escape, try to alert rescuers to your presence.
If you need assistance or are having trouble with the website, please Contact Us.