Beauty Park and Frankston War Memorial
Location: 51N High Street, Frankston
Beauty Park links Frankston Waterfront with Frankston's George Pentland Botanic Gardens.
- A walking/cycling path circumnavigates the park
- Barbecues, drinking fountain and bins
- Creek line with large boulders and river pebbles
- Grassed picnic areas and shade trees
- On lead dog walking
- Ornamental lake with two raised viewing platforms suspended over the water's edge to view a variety of seabirds and water fowl
- Playground with 5.8 metre high climbing net, combination unit with cubby house and slide and a toddler's climbing net
- Sandstone-clad pavilion providing shelter from the elements
- Three outdoor fitness stations are located around the Park
Council and the Rotary Club of Frankston joined forces to install the three outdoor fitness stations around the Park's perimeter track.
The equipment allows people to extend and enhance their exercise regimes while taking advantage of the outdoors and the added benefit of a social setting.
The self-guided exercise system has been designed by leading exercise physiologists and is suitable for people of all fitness levels aged over 12 years. The equipment includes warm up benches, rowing machine, cycle seat, and various stretch bars.
Frankston War Memorial
The relocated Frankston War Memorial is located in Beauty Park between Baxter and Spring Streets.
In the past, Beauty Park was known for its association with Lord Baden-Powell and the Scouting Jamboree of 1934. For many years the park was home to the Frankston Croquet Club prior to its move to improved facilities in Nolan Street. Following the Club's relocation, the Frankston Marching Girls used the park but they too have moved to Nolan Street.
The semi-abstract sculpture by Australian artist Deborah Halpern was installed on 6 December 2002.
Frankston City Council
30 Davey Street
P. 1300 322 322