Jubilee Park Indoor Stadium Redevelopment
With Jubilee Park already one of Frankston City's premier regional open space reserves, it was then identified as the ideal location to further develop and increase local participation in sport, detailed in the Jubilee Park Master Plan.
Council has developed initial concept designs for a proposed expansion of Jubilee Park Indoor Stadium alongside key stakeholders in order to deliver more opportunities for basketball and netball.
The proposed expanded indoor facility at Jubilee Park will feature:
- Six multipurpose indoor courts, including a 1,000 seat show court
- Elite training facilities for multiple sports
- Female-friendly change rooms and a creche for players and spectators
- State-of-the-art cafe, community meeting and function rooms
Once built, an upgraded Jubilee Park will mean Frankston City is ready to host major regional netball and basketball events and can welcome more players.
- $20.34 million, Frankston City Council
- $10 million, Victorian Government
- $4.56 million, Federal Government
The proposed redevelopment will complement works already completed at Jubilee Park, such as:
- New cricket nets
- Upgraded outdoor netball courts including competition lighting
- Upgraded lighting for football night games and training
Council has appointed the architectural contract to William Ross Architects (who also designed PARC) to further develop the proposed plans.Special consideration is being made during the planning process in relation to traffic and pedestrian connections and tree retention and/or offset where possible.
View the latest Jubilee Park Indoor Stadium concept design fly through here.
Full funding has been secured. Detailed concept design development is underway.
Learn more about the project
Council hosted an online information session to view the revised proposed concept plans for the indoor stadium and speak with project officers and architects.
Watch Online Information video
Page last updated: 1 April 2020
Frankston City Council
30 Davey Street
P. 1300 322 322