Jubilee Park Indoor Stadium Redevelopment
With Jubilee Park already one of Frankston City's premier regional open space reserves, it was then identified as the ideal location to further develop and increase local participation in sport, detailed in the Jubilee Park Master Plan.
Council has developed initial concept designs for a proposed expansion of Jubilee Park Indoor Stadium alongside key stakeholders in order to deliver more opportunities for basketball and netball.
The proposed expanded indoor facility at Jubilee Park will feature:
- Six multipurpose indoor courts, including a 1,000 seat show court
- Elite training facilities for multiple sports
- Female-friendly change rooms and a creche for players and spectators
- State-of-the-art cafe, community meeting and function rooms
Once built, an upgraded Jubilee Park will mean Frankston City is ready to host major regional netball and basketball events and can welcome more players.
Council has committed $10.6 million and needs a $10 million commitment from both state and federal governments. To date, the following funding pledges have been made to deliver the $31.5 million project:
- $10.6 million, Frankston City Council
- $10 million, Victorian Government (Paul Edbrooke)
- $5.2 million of reallocated basketball funding, Federal Government (Chris Crewther)
- $10 million promise if elected, Federal Opposition (Peta Murphy)
The proposed redevelopment will complement works already completed at Jubilee Park, such as:
- New cricket nets
- Upgraded outdoor netball courts including competition lighting
- Upgraded lighting for football night games and training
Council has appointed the architectural contract to William Ross Architects (who also designed PARC) to further develop the proposed plans. Further community consultation and investigations are still to occur before plans are finalised.
Come and learn about the project
Council is hosting a number of information session where you can view the proposed concept plans for the indoor stadium, learn about the Jubilee Park Master Plan and speak with project officers and architects.
- Wednesday 30 January, 5-7pm
- Saturday 9 February, 10am-12pm
Jubilee Park Indoor Stadium, Hillcrest Road, Frankston
Open the image gallery for some draft concept design images.
Frankston City Council
30 Davey Street
P. 1300 322 322