Building Services Information
Frankston City Council Building Services is responsible for the built environment of the municipality through the administering and enforcing of the Building Act 1993 and the Building Regulations 2018.
Please note: Council Building Services does not provide technical information unless the Council Building Service is appointed as the Building Surveyor for your construction project.
Technical information can be sourced from the Victorian Building Authority:
Key functions of the Building Services Team:
- Issue building permits within the municipality
- Assessment of dangerous buildings and structures
- Issue Place of Public Events Permits (POPES)
- Assessment of siting applications, hoarding applications & projections over the street
- Audits of swimming pools, boarding houses, commercial and industrial building in regards to Essential Safety Measures
- Administer the Building Act 1993
- Provide property information
To comply with the Building Act 1993 and the Building Regulations 2018 always check if a permit is required prior to commencing your construction project.