Report and Consent (Dispensation)

If you are applying for a building permit, you may need consent before commencing work. Report and Consent gives you Council approval to carry out works that:

  • differ from the Building Regulations
  • require special consideration
  • may impact community assets or infrastructure.

There are two types of applications:

  • Siting matters relate to works where a design does not comply with Part 5 of the Building Regulations 2018 such as height, setbacks or overshadowing.
  • Non-siting matters that relate to other works that require approval such as building over an easement or on flood prone land, constructing a fence or demolishing a building.

Visit our Infrastructure permits page to find other consent applications you may need for your project.