Council’s animal management service collects lost and injured cats, dogs and livestock found within the municipality.
Found animals are taken to The Lost Dogs Home who provide pound and rehoming services on behalf of Frankston City Council.
The Lost Dogs Home
920 Thompson Road, Cranbourne West, VIC 3977
03 9702 8055
Tips for locating lost animals
The RSPCA has advice for help you find your pet as quickly as possible. Some tips include:
- create flyers and display them around your area
- post a photo and description of the animal on Council and community social media pages
- if you have another pet take it with you on your search - it may attract your lost animal
- place an ad in your local paper
- phone vet clinics and local pounds
- search 'dog attractive areas' such as parks, reserves, bushland and the beach
- stay positive
- make sure your animal is microchipped and contact Council to keep your details up-to-date.