Street numbering enquiries
It is the responsibility of all property owners (including owners of vacant land) to display a street number at the front of their property.
A street number that is clear and visible to others is very important to:
- make sure that your mail is delivered correctly
- Help Police, CFA, SES and Ambulance Services easily find you in an emergency.
Street number requirements
Your street number should be:
- at least 100mm in height
- located on the front boundary
- a reflective and noticeable colour
- as close to the driveway as possible
- visible from both directions.
It should be attached to one of the following:
- a letterbox
- a post
- a dedicated board
- the boundary fence.
Street numbering for new properties or subdivisions
You will be assigned a street number if you are doing any of the following work:
- building a new property
- building a property as a dual occupancy
- applying for a plan of subdivision through Council's planning department.
Once you have submitted your building plans and documents they will be referred to the Council's Rates department. You will be sent a confirmation of your street number by email.
Property address enquiries
Please complete the property address enquiry form if:
- your property is on a corner and you would like the address changed to the connecting roadway
- you have recently bought a new or 'off the plan' property and you are having trouble connecting to third-party services
- your third party service provider advises that your property address doesn't exist in their property records
- you are having trouble getting your mail delivered from Australia Post due to an address discrepancy and need confirmation of your Council approved address.
Submit an enquiry
If you need assistance or are having trouble with the website, please Contact Us.