Hard Rubbish Collection
2020 Collection Dates
We currently provide one free annual hard waste collection of 2 cubic metres per Frankston City household each financial year.
Individual Household collection dates will be advised shortly and posted on the council website "Myaddress" page.
Each household will be notified via a letter drop 2 weekends prior to their individual collection date.
Book an additional hard waste collection
Residents can book an additional paid hard waste collection of 2 cubic metres at any time of year.
To book your collection you can:
- Book online
- Phone Council on 1300 322 322 between 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday
When will the booked hard waste be collected?
Monday is the designated collection days for this additional paid hard waste service.
- If you book and pay before 5pm on a Wednesday your hard waste will be picked up the second Monday after the booking.
- If you book and pay after 5pm on a Wednesday your hard waste will be picked up on the third Monday after the booking.
Hard Waste collections do not take place on Public Holidays. If your booked Hard waste collection date falls on a public holiday then it will be automatically scheduled for the following business day.
- Hard waste – furniture including mattresses and bed bases, clothing, lawn mowers, hot water systems, electrical items and timber
- Scrap metal, whitegoods, DVD players, computers, TVs – you can drop these items off at FRRRC for free
- Bundled green waste
- No tyres, wheels or car batteries
- No renovation, building or demolition materials, fencing, rubble, soil, bricks or concrete
- No dangerous goods (e.g. paints, oils, poisons or pool chemicals)
- No hazardous waste (e.g. asbestos, cement sheeting or sharps)
- No gas bottles, fuel tanks or water tanks
- No unwrapped glass
- No household garbage
- No recyclables suitable for household recycling bins
- No untied green waste or green waste in plastic bags
- No waste from industrial and commercial premises and businesses operated from home
Other disposal options
If your unwanted household items are reusable and in good condition, please consider donating to local charities.
Residents can also take hard waste, green waste and recyclables to the Frankston Regional Recycling and Recovery Centre (FRRRC) year-round, with many items accepted for free.
For other disposal options, see our A - Z Waste and Recycling Directory.
Frankston City Council
30 Davey Street
P. 1300 322 322
PDF Files Disclaimer
Adobe Acrobat is used to view Portable Document Files (PDF). Download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website (the Adobe website opens in a new window).
All PDF files on this website open in a new window. If you cannot access a PDF document on this page, contact Frankston Council on 1300 322 322 for more details, or for a hard copy of the document.