Hard Rubbish Collection
We currently provide one free annual hard waste collection per Frankston City household each financial year.
Residents can also book additional paid hard waste collections at any time of year.
Free annual hard waste collection
In early 2018, Council commenced a tender process to secure a kerbside hard waste and bundled green waste collection service for the 2018–2019 financial year.
Council has been successful in securing a contractor, however due to scheduling conflicts, the annual city-wide collection service will not commence until later in the current financial year – most likely April 2019.
Exact collection dates are currently being finalised, and residents will receive notification in their letterbox approximately two weeks prior to their collection date.
Council thanks the community for their understanding and realises this change may inconvenience some residents.
Council looks forward to delivering the service later in the financial year.
Residents are reminded that they should only put hard waste out when the annual collection is taking place, or if an ‘at call’ service has been booked and paid for.
Outside of these circumstances it is considered illegal dumping and Council will take the necessary actions, including prosecution or issuing fines.
Further information, including alternative disposal options can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Book an additional hard waste collection
Residents can book an additional paid hard waste collection of 2 cubic metres at any time of year.
Booked hard waste collections are only done on Mondays and must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Hard waste – furniture including mattresses and bed bases, clothing, lawn mowers, hot water systems, electrical items and timber
- Scrap metal, whitegoods, DVD players, computers, TVs – you can drop these items off at FRRRC for free
- Bundled green waste
- No tyres, wheels or car batteries
- No renovation, building or demolition materials, fencing, rubble, soil, bricks or concrete
- No dangerous goods (e.g. paints, oils, poisons or pool chemicals)
- No hazardous waste (e.g. asbestos, cement sheeting or sharps)
- No gas bottles, fuel tanks or water tanks
- No unwrapped glass
- No household garbage
- No recyclables suitable for household recycling bins
- No untied green waste or green waste in plastic bags
- No waste from industrial and commercial premises and businesses operated from home
Other disposal options
If your unwanted household items are reusable and in good condition, please donate, sell them or register to take part in the Garage Sale Trail on 20-21 October 2018.
Residents can also take hard waste, green waste and recyclables to the Frankston Regional Recycling and Recovery Centre (FRRRC) year-round, with many items accepted for free.
For other disposal options, see our A-Z guide to waste disposal.
Frankston City Council
30 Davey Street
P. 1300 322 322
PDF Files Disclaimer
Adobe Acrobat is used to view Portable Document Files (PDF). Download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website (the Adobe website opens in a new window).
All PDF files on this website open in a new window. If you cannot access a PDF document on this page, contact Frankston Council on 1300 322 322 for more details, or for a hard copy of the document.