Neighbourhood disputes

Property disputes between neighbours are civil matters and Council cannot get involved. 

Civil matters must be dealt with privately by the parties involved. This includes: 

  • disagreements over boundary fences 
  • complaints regarding overhanging trees/shrubs
  • noise, such as music during daytime hours
  • parking disputes between neighbours
  • children playing in the street. 

You can contact the Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria for more information and help.