You may need copies of building plans, permits, certificates and other documents to help prepare for building work. You can apply for:
- copies of residential, commercial, industrial or public plans
- architectural plans, structural drawings or specifications
- building or occupancy permits
- certificates of insurance or final inspection
- other information including swimming pools, pergolas, garages and soil reports.
You can generally request plans issued by:
- Frankston City Council from the late 1970s
- the Shire of Cranbourne from 1995 onwards.
Copies of plans and documents can only be provided to the current owner of a property. If you are not the current owner, or an agent or organisation acting on the owner’s behalf, you will need written consent from the owner before applying.