Active ageing and disability services


Council supports residents to become more independent, active and connected in the community. We offer a range of services for:

  • older people
  • people with a disability 
  • their carers. 


Council can provide support services in your home to help you maintain your health, safety and quality of life.

Once your eligibility is approved, we will develop a care plan with you to suit your individual needs.

Domestic care

The home care service helps with domestic and household tasks and activities, such as: 

  • cleaning bathrooms, toilets and kitchens 
  • vacuuming 
  • mopping floors 
  • laundry and ironing 
  • unescorted shopping.

Personal care

The personal care service helps residents needing support with their individual needs, such as: 

  • showering, bathing and toileting 
  • dressing and undressing 
  • shaving and washing hair 
  • escorted shopping.

Respite care

If you are caring for an older person or a person with a disability, you may be able to receive respite care. This service lets primary carers have a break while our trained staff supports the person you care for. 

respite care includes: 

  • help with personal care tasks 
  • meal preparation 
  • reading and writing letters 
  • independence and skill promotion activities 
  • monitoring and supervising 
  • social support. 

Home maintenance

Our home maintenance staff can help with minor repairs, maintenance and modifications to keep your home safe and secure, such as:

  • installing ramps, handrails, grab rails, handheld shower fittings (referral needed) 
  • fixing jammed doors, handles and catches 
  • cleaning of gutters 
  • changing light bulbs 
  • installing smoke detectors and changing batteries. 

Meals on Wheels

Meals on Wheels provides nourishing meals up to 7 days a week to eligible residents.  

Hot meals are delivered to your home Monday to Friday between 11 am and 1 pm. Frozen meals for weekends and public holidays are also available. 

Planned Activity Groups

The Planned Activity Group Program encourages older residents to socialise and have fun with other members of the community. 

Council staff and volunteers organise regular, low-cost group outings. Participants can enjoy time in a safe, friendly environment at different locations. We accomodate walking aids (wheelie walkers), but you must be physically independent. 

Community Transport

The Community Transport Program provides a safe, friendly and reliable service for residents who may find public or private transport difficult. 

The door-to-door service runs on a fixed timetable to different locations, such as: 

  • shopping centre  
  • seniors clubs  
  • Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre  
  • exercise programs  
  • Frankston Library.

Transport is not provided to meet individual appointments. Gold coin donations, paid directly to the driver, help with the costs of running the service.  

Walking aids (wheelie walkers) are welcome, as long as you are physically independent. 



Intake and assessment

The way you access services is different for each program. 

My Aged Care: Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP)

To access aged care services, you will need to register with My Aged Care. They will ask you a series of questions to decide what level of assessment you require. 

Once they determine that you have entry level aged care needs, the local Regional Assessment Service may arrange a free assessment at your home. This will help decide your support needs to remain living safely and independently. 

Referrals for care can be made by: 

  • the person needing services (you) 
  • a family member  
  • a health professional. 

To register, call My Aged Care Centre on 1800 200 422 from: 

  • 8 am to 8 pm, Monday to Friday 
  • 10 am to 2 pm on Saturday. 

In you need an interpreter, call 131 450. You can find more information at My Aged Care website.  

Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC PYP)

The HACC PYP provides services for people with disabilities and their carers. Younger people are:  

  • aged under 65  
  • aged under 50 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.   

The program gives people with disability a basic level of support service to live safely and independently in their home and community. 

To access the program, you’ll need to register for an assessment to determine:  

  • eligibility  
  • level of care.   

Once your needs have been decided, Council will provide in-home support services to you. Referrals to external services providers may also be needed. 

Referrals can be made by: 

  • the person needing services (you) 
  • a family member  
  • a health professional. 

Register now


Fees can vary based on income and your ability to pay for services. Once you complete your initial assessment, we will discuss your fees with you. 

We review fees annually. They are determined based on the current Victorian Home and Community Care (HACC) program fees policy and the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP)

More information

Council's Intake Officers are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday. Please call 1300 322 322 or email to get in touch. 

You can find more information by visiting My Aged Care