Maternal and Child Health
Frankston City's Maternal and Child Health Service promotes the health and wellbeing of children from birth to 6 years of age.
Maternal and Child Health has a new phone number
Council is offering young families the convenience of one contact point to make or change appointments with their Maternal and Child Health (MCH) centre. The new MCH central booking phone number is: 9784 1756
A Maternal and Child Health Line is available 24 hours on 132 229. In an emergency phone 000.
There are 13 Maternal and Child Health centres within Frankston City:
You do not have to attend the Centre you are allocated to. You can contact your preferred centre to discuss transferring.
Find your closest Maternal and Child Health Centre
MCH App Available
Finding reliable information between your Maternal and Child Health (MCH) visits can be challenging for families. The Victorian Government’s new MCH App combines trustworthy information and time-saving features, into one simple digital tool.
- ‘Nora’, the app’s digital assistant who can answer most common child health queries
- A library of information on popular health and development topics
- Click-to-call contacts
- Prompts for upcoming MCH consultations
- Regular updates and messages.
This free app can be personalised and is available for all Apple and Android smartphones. Please visit your app store to download or
Maternal and Child Health Framework
The hospital will send our Administration team your baby's birth notice and one of our Maternal and Child Health Nurses will contact you to arrange a Home Visit.
There are 10 Key Ages and Stages which consist of:
- Home Visit
- 2 weeks
- 4 weeks
- 8 weeks
- 4 months
- 8 months
- 1 year
- 18 months
- 2 years
- 3 1/2 years
If you feel you need further support you are welcome to contact your Maternal and Child Health Nurse to arrange another appointment outside of the scheduled visits.
What to bring?
- A bunny rug or two clean cloth nappies
- A change of clothes for the baby
- Plastic bag for dirty nappies
- Child health record (green book)
- Centre consultations
- Growth and development assessment
- Home visiting
- Lactation consultancy
- Group programs
- Guidance and advice on nutrition and parenting
- Information on local community resources, services and agencies
- New Parent groups
- Child and women's health issues
- Vision screening
- Referrals for hearing tests are available
- Referral to appropriate professionals
- Behaviour and development
- Child and family nutrition and dental health
- Home safety and accident prevention
- Monthly Saturday sessions at Seaford Maternal and Child Health Centre
Maternal and Child Health (MCH) centre
P. 9784 1756
PDF Files Disclaimer
Adobe Acrobat is used to view Portable Document Files (PDF). Download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website (the Adobe website opens in a new window).
All PDF files on this website open in a new window. If you cannot access a PDF document on this page, contact Frankston Council on 1300 322 322 for more details, or for a hard copy of the document.