A person/s can only apply for a concession on a property or a part of a property that is used exclusively for residential purposes and that it is the person’s sole or principal place of residence. The Municipal rates concession provides a 50% discount off your Council rates up to a maximum of $235.15 plus an additional $50.00 concession that is set-off against your fire service levy charges; therefore an overall maximum concession of $285.15 for 2019 -2020. The Municipal rates concession amount is increased by the State Government each year, in line with inflation.
For further information or access to the Municipal Rates Concession Application Form please visit the DHS website:
What Concession Cards are Eligible?
To be eligible for the municipal rates and charges concession the person seeking a concession must hold one of the following concession cards:
- Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) issued by the Australian Government, Department of Human Services (formally Centrelink)
- Pension Concession Card (PCC) issued by Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)
- DVA Gold Repatriation Heath Card - Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
- DVA Gold Repatriation Heath Card - For All Conditions - War Widow/Widower (WW)
What Concession Cards are Ineligible?
Concession cards that are not eligible for concession on municipal rates and charges are:
- Health Care Card issued by Australian Government, Department of Human Services
- Commonwealth Seniors Heath Card issued by Australian Government, Department of Human Services
- DVA Gold Repatriation Health Card - For All Conditions
- DVA Repatriation Heath Card - For All Conditions (Dependent)
- Victorian Seniors Card
How to Apply
To apply for a rebate, you must present your relevant card at one of our Customer Service outlets and complete an application form. Once your application has been validated by the relevant authority, the appropriate rebate amount will be applied to your rates.
Eligible Concession Cards
Q and A for Rate Concessions
Frankston City Council
Customer Service Team
30 Davey Street
P. 1300 322 322
PDF Files Disclaimer
Adobe Acrobat is used to view Portable Document Files (PDF). Download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website (the Adobe website opens in a new window).
All PDF files on this website open in a new window. If you cannot access a PDF document on this page, contact Frankston Council on 1300 322 322 for more details, or for a hard copy of the document.