Paying Your Rates
Annual Rate Notices will be issued in late August 2020. If you have not received your notice by 15 September please contact Council on 1300 322 322.
Quarterly instalment notices will be sent approximately four to six weeks before the due date.
The Annual Rate Notice is also your first instalment notice - you will not receive a reminder to pay the first instalment, please use your annual notice to make this payment.
For your convenience, you can now Register to receive your Rates Notice online. Please note that you will need your Rates assessment number to register.
How do I pay my Rates?
There are many ways for you to pay your rates depending on your circumstances, these include:
- BPay Banking- Pay from your bank account or credit card by quoting Biller Code 1966 and the BPAY Reference Number on your Rates Notice.
- Use your credit card to pay online- You will need the assessment number printed on your Rates Notice.
- Australia Post Billpay - Pay by Mastercard, Visa or American Express by phoning 13 18 16 or visit the Australia Post website.
- Phone by credit card - Phone 1300 721 138 to pay by Mastercard or Visa
- Mail - Attach the barcoded remittance slip from your Rates Notice to your cheque or money order (made payable to Frankston City Council) and mail to:
Frankston City Council
PO Box 490
- Centrepay by Centrelink- Your Rates can be deducted from your Centrelink payments by completing the Centrepay Deduction Client Consent Form (409KB) and submitting it to email@example.com. If you have any problems completing this form please contact the Frankston City Council Rates Department.
In Person (temporarily unavailable)
Please note: To keep our community, and our staff safe, our face-to-face Customer Service Centres are closed to the public, in line with COVID-19 restrictions.
For further information on how our service is adapting with these closures, please click here.
Please use our online, phone or post services to make your payments during this time. You may also bring your rates notice to any Australia Post Office.
If you have no other option but to come into Council, please make sure to contact us for arrangements to be made.
Arrangement to Pay
An Arrangement to Pay is a mutually acceptable rates payment plan which allows you to make weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments that suit your budget and ensure that your rates are paid by the end of the financial year.
If you're experiencing financial difficulty or you don't believe you will be able to make your upcoming rates payment, you can apply for an Arrangement to Pay.
By Direct Debit Instalments
Council accepts applications for direct debit instalments all year, subject to approval of rates being paid and up to date. Once your direct debit application has been processed you will receive written confirmation by either post or email.
If you already have a direct debit agreement with Council to pay your rates, this arrangement will continue, unless you have dishonoured your agreement or advised Council in writing that you wish it to discontinue.
* Please note that applications received less than a week before an instalment due date will not be processed in time and you will need to make a separate payment to Council for that instalment.
Property owners can choose one of two payment options by direct debit:
Four Instalments. This is the default option for property owners, which is direct debited on the following dates:
- 1st Instalment: 30 September 2020
- 2nd Instalment: 30 November 2020
- 3rd Instalment: 28 February 2021
- 4th Instalment: 31 May 2021
Nine Instalments. This option is only available via a formal direct debit arrangement with Council after completing the Direct Debit Application Form (568KB) and it being approved.These instalments are direct debited out of your account on the following dates:
- 1st Instalment: 30 September 2020
- 2nd Instalment: 31 October 2020
- 3rd Instalment: 30 November 2020
- 4th Instalment: 31 December 2020
- 5th Instalment: 31 January 2021
- 6th Instalment: 28 February 2021
- 7th Instalment: 31 March 2021
- 8th Instalment: 30 April 2021
- 9th Instalment: 31 May 2021
Once your direct debit application has been processed you will receive written confirmation by either post or email.
Please note if a payment due date falls on a weekend or public holiday, the debit from your nominated account will occur on the next business day.
If you are experiencing financial hardship or are unable to pay your rates and charges within the required timeframes and are unable to enter into an arrangement to pay, please contact:
The Good Shepherd
P. 1300 765 595
They provide a free and confidential financial counselling service to support Frankston City Ratepayers and Property Owners who need assistance with their financial affairs.
For further information please visit our Financial Hardship page.
Interest Charged on Unpaid Rates
Please note: Due to the impacts of COVID-19 on many people in the community, Penalty interest is suspended until 30 June 2021
The interest rate charged on all overdue rates and charges is fixed under the Penalty Interest Rates Act 1983.
The rate that will apply for the 2019-2020 year is 10% per annum on all payments not received by the due dates, and interest will continue to accrue until paid in full. Interest on instalment payments will be backdated to the due date of the instalment.
Find the best way to contact Council here
P. 1300 322 322
PDF Files Disclaimer
Adobe Acrobat is used to view Portable Document Files (PDF). Download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website (the Adobe website opens in a new window).
All PDF files on this website open in a new window. If you cannot access a PDF document on this page, contact Frankston Council on 1300 322 322 for more details, or for a hard copy of the document.