Apply for a Rates Concession
A property owner can only apply for a concession for a property or a part of a property that is their sole place of residence.
Rates concessions do not apply to property that you don't live in, such as:
- Investment properties
- Vacant land
What is the Concession discount?
The Municipal rates concession provides an overall maximum concession of $291.00 for the 2020-2021 period. This is made up of:
- A 50% discount off your Council rates, up to a maximum of $241.00
- An additional $50.00 discount off the fire service levy charges
The Municipal rates concession amount is increased by the State Government each year, in line with inflation.
It is important to note that your rates concession amount is not affected by rate capping.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for the Municipal rates and charges concession, as the Ratepayer you must hold one of the following current and valid concession cards:
- Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) issued by the Australian Government, Department of Human Services (formally Centrelink)
- Pension Concession Card (PCC) issued by Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)
- DVA Gold Repatriation Heath Card - Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
- DVA Gold Repatriation Heath Card - For All Conditions - War Widow/Widower (WW)
Which cards are not eligible?
The below cards are not eligible for concession on Municipal rates and charges:
- Health Care Card issued by Australian Government, Department of Human Services
- Commonwealth Seniors Heath Card issued by Australian Government, Department of Human Services
- DVA Gold Repatriation Health Card - For All Conditions
- DVA Repatriation Heath Card - For All Conditions (Dependent)
- Victorian Seniors Card
How do I Apply?
- Complete the Municipal Rates Concessions Application Form (135KB)
- Email your completed Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will assess your application within 10 business days
- If approved you will receive a confirmation and your Concession will be applied to your Rates
Frankston City Council
Customer Service Team
30 Davey Street
P. 1300 322 322
PDF Files Disclaimer
Adobe Acrobat is used to view Portable Document Files (PDF). Download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website (the Adobe website opens in a new window).
All PDF files on this website open in a new window. If you cannot access a PDF document on this page, contact Frankston Council on 1300 322 322 for more details, or for a hard copy of the document.