Frankston City Council’s Natural Reserves team is planning to conduct a prescribed burn Tuesday, 10 November at Bunarong Park, Lipton Dr Frankston. It is expected for the burn to commence around 9am, and complete lighting by midday.
Crews will be in attendance overnight Tuesday 10 and Wednesday 11 November. This burn is being conducted with the cooperation of Council’s Municipal Fire Prevention Officer and CFA.
Bunarong Park will be closed to public access for the day.
What to do
- Be aware of planned burns happening in your local area and stay clear of areas where burns are taking place or areas that have recently been burned.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms that may be due to smoke exposure, the Department of Health advises that you should seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Road travel may be hazardous due to low visibility associated with smoke.
- Signs may be in place to slow traffic. Obey all traffic signs and instructions from fire agency crews near the burn.
- For travel times and roadworks check http://traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au
Information on planned burns in Victoria is available through the Victorian Bushfire Information Line (VBIL).
P. 1800 240 667