Downs Estate Tree Removal
Location: 190 Old Wells Road, Seaford
Description of Works:
- Remove all listed (High, Medium & Low priority) trees for removal/pruning as per the attached survey report.
- All small/large limbs mulched. (Mulch left on site or removed as Required)
- Tree trunks removed from site.
- All Stumps removed. Spoils levelled and spread.
- Clean up of general site and loose material (existing decayed logs) with excavator & Frail mower head.
- Provision of TMP and Traffic Control where required.
- Tree 13-20 are not to be removed due to nesting. We will install cyclone fencing until November 2020. Kris Paul will review the nesting situation then before we carry out any further pruning/removal.
- As per the DECP’s request and subsequently the Arborists advice all dead sections are to be removed off tree 34.
Timing of Works: Commenced Monday 15th June to Friday 19th June 2020
Contractor: The Tree Doctor Pty Ltd Pty Ltd
Barry Chant– 0418 381 657
Project Management: Frankston City Council – Buildings and Facilities
Daniel Kappler – 0428 421 315
Disruption Expected: The Downs Estate Community Garden will be closed until Monday 22nd June 2020.
Station Street Stage 2 and Clyde Street Improvement Works
Works will begin in early June 2020 to transform Clyde Street Mall and a section of Station Street between Clyde Street and Young Street into a safe, flexible and green public space.
These exciting projects will create a welcoming thoroughfare, connecting the Station to key destinations within Frankston’s city centre.
Stage two of Station Street improvement works between Clyde Street and Young Street are commencing in early June 2020
- Replacement of existing paving with exposed concrete and porphyry stone paving
- New street lighting
- Landscaping, planters and trees etc.
- Posters will be prominently displayed to inform shoppers that pedestrian access to shop fronts remains open
- Works along shop fronts will be undertaken outside of business hours
- Works are anticipated to complete by September 2020 with most works finish by August 2020.
- Council contacts during works: Ashish Bhavsar, P: 03 9784 1025 (Senior Project Manager)
Clyde Street Mall works between Ross Smith Avenue and Balmoral Street — commencing early June 2020.
- Replacement of existing paving with porphyry stone and precast concrete paving
- New street lighting
- Hall of Fame elements
- Landscaping, seating, planters, trees and associated works
- Pedestrian access to apartment buildings will be maintained at all times
- The majority of works will occur between 7am and 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Works are anticipated to complete by October 2020 with most works finish by September 2020.
R.F Miles Pavilion and Precinct Redevelopment
Works underway at R. F. Miles Reserve - 22R Seaford Road, Seaford 3198 include:
- Demolition of existing pavilion, public toilet and other redundant infrastructure on site
- Construction of a new two storey sporting pavilion including public toilet facilities
- Construction of new Car park including lighting, retaining wall and associated civil works
- Upgrade of utilities to the site (Water, Sewer, Power, Gas, NBN)
- Construction of new cricket nets and netball courts
- Construction of new enlarged oval to AFL standard with sports field lighting
- Associated landscaping
Timing of Works:Commencing March 2020 (after Level Crossings operations demobilise from site). Construction anticipated to be complete within 15 months subject to weather and site conditions
Disruption Expected: The reserve will remain closed to the public until construction works are complete
Centenary Park Tennis Pavilion and Tennis Courts Construction
Timing of Works: Commencing Monday 2 March 2020 (Pavilion) with construction anticipated to be completed end of July subject to weather and site conditions
Disruption Expected: Access to construction site and as illustrated on the site establishment plan will be restricted for the duration of Works.
Len Phelps Pavilion - Internal Alterations
Council contractors will be conducting internal alterations and refurbishment of the existing pavilion at Len Phelps Pavilion, Carrum Downs Recreation Reserve, 45R Wedge Road, Carrum Downs, VIC 3201
These works will include female friendly change room and toilets, first aid room and improved umpire facilities.
Timing of Works: Commencing Monday 24 February 2020 – Completion May 2020
Disruption Expected: Sporting clubs have been relocated during construction. Temporary change rooms located adjacent to the pavilion. Access maintained to oval lighting & irrigation controls.
Frankston Line Crossings managed by Level Crossing Removal Authority
Works Commencing: November 2015
Duration of Works: Ongoing for the next eight years
Location: Various locations along the Frankston Line
The upgrade of Frankston Station is expected to start in autumn 2018.
Description of Works: Removing 50 dangerous and congested level crossings will transform the way people live, work and travel across metropolitan Melbourne and improve safety for drivers and pedestrians
Disruptions Expected: Buses will replace trains during some stages and nearby car parking areas may also be restricted.
More information contact Metro Trains on 1800 800 007 or www.metrotrains.com.au for expected delays and works alerts
This work is conducted by the Level Crossing Removal Project. Please visit http://levelcrossings.vic.gov.au/ for more information
Contact Level Crossing Removal Authority: https://your.levelcrossings.vic.gov.au/
Frankston City Council
30 Davey Street
P. 1300 322 322