Stage 3: Restrictions reinstated
On Tuesday 7 July 2020 the Victorian Government announced stage 3 'stay at home' restrictions will be reinstated fro metropolitan Melbourne (including Frankston City) and Shire of Mitchell starting from 11.59pm Wednesday 8 July 2020 for at least 6 weeks.
Effective Thursday 9 July 2020:
There are four reasons that you can leave home:
- Shopping for food or other essential items
- To provide care giving, for compassionate reasons or to seek medical treatment
- For exercise (outdoor exercise only, with only one other person or members of your household)
- Work or study, if you cannot work or study from home
Otherwise, you must stay home.
For all details on COVID-19 restrictions please visit the Department of Human Health and Services website
Gatherings of people
- Private: no visitors.
- Public: up to 2 people or household members only.
- Work from home: Must not allow employees to work from workplace if reasonably practicable to work from home
- Year 11 and 12s and Year 10s doing VCE, and special schools to return next Monday 13 July for the start of Term 3.
- Extension of pupil free days for one week for Prep-10.
- Community sport: cannot be held in restricted area, and people who live in restricted area cannot participate.
- Indoor sport and recreation: closed.
- Outdoor sport: only allowed to exercise, or sporting activities such as fishing, golf, boating, tennis, surfing and drive range shooting with one other person or household members, provided 1.5 metre distance can be maintained.
- Outdoor sporting facilities: closed, except for facilities where public gathering and physical distancing limits can be adhered to and there is no use of shared equipment or communal facilities (e.g. tennis courts, golf courses).
- Swimming pools: closed.
- Playcentres: closed.
- Playgrounds: closed.
Shopping, retail and personal services
- Restaurants and cafes: take away only.
- Pubs, bars, clubs, nightclubs: closed, bottle shop and take away only.
- Food courts: closed.
- Beauty and personal care services: closed, apart from hairdressers.
- Saunas and bathhouses: closed.
- Auction houses: operate remotely.
- Real estate auctions and inspections: operate remotely, and inspections by appointment.
- Markets stalls: stalls can operate for provision of take away food and drink only.
- Markets and shopping centres: open, subject to density quotient, but people can only visit for necessary goods and services.
- Other retail: open, subject to density quotient, but people can only visit for necessary goods and services.
- Libraries and community venues: only to host an essential public support service, or a wedding or funeral.
- Galleries, museums, zoos: closed.
- Outdoor amusement parks and arcades: closed.
- Indoor cinemas: closed.
- Drive-in cinemas: closed.
- Concert venues, theatres, auditoriums: closed.
- Arenas and stadiums: closed.
- Casinos and gaming: closed.
- Brothels, strip clubs and sex on premise venues: closed.
- Religious ceremonies and private worship: broadcast only.
- Weddings: up to 5 people (couple, two witnesses and celebrant).
- Funerals: up to 10 people, plus those conducting the funeral.
Attending a wedding or funeral is a permitted reason to leave home
- Travel within Victoria outside restricted areas: allowed for work, education (if necessary), necessary good and services and care/compassionate purposes only.
For more information about Council operated facilities and public spaces please click here.