Impacted Council Services
Due to the evolving situation surrounding COVID-19 and the announcements by Federal and State Government regarding public health and safety, Council services may be affected over the coming weeks:
Maternal and Child Health Services
Council’s Maternal and Child Health services will be operating at reduced capacity until further notice. Please note:
From 23 March our service is reducing face to face contact wherever possible and offering the MCH services, including home visit with a telephone consultation.
- We will prioritise essential face to face appointments only for at risk and high needs parents and children
- We will minimise the physical contact by only offering face to face contact for up to 15 minutes.
- Clients with previously booked appointments will have a text message sent to them that the appointment has been changed to a telephone consultation.
We ask clients to please contact 97841756 if they wish to make MCH appointments.
- All previously scheduled appointments will go ahead as telephone consultations
- Priority will be given to babies 8 weeks and below however telephone consultations for older children are available
- All Drop In sessions are cancelled until further notice
- All New Parent Groups and Parent Education Sessions are cancelled until further notice
- Supported Playgroups are cancelled until further notice. All enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Home Visits for new babies will continue but will be via telephone consultation initially. A precautionary screening will continue to occur over the phone when we confirm your appointment.
- If you have any questions please call 9784 1756 and request to speak to an MCH nurse
- If you have an appointment scheduled and are unwell, we ask that you call 9784 1756 to reschedule your appointment.
- Positive Ageing Planned Activity Group programs are cancelled until further notice
- Pot Luck Program is cancelled until further notice
- Community Bus is cancelled until further notice
All face-to-face programs have been cancelled including:
- March/April School Holiday Program
- Frankston Youth Service events (Youth Carnival Day and Open Mic Night)
- Drop In programs
- L2P Program
- Recording Studio (FrEEZA)
If you have provided a payment for any activities, we will be in contact with you to reimburse your payment as soon as possible.
Cancelled - Pop up playgroup Karingal Hub - 17 March
Cancelled - Pop up playgroup Seaford - 23 March
For further details regarding how the coronavirus has impacted your playgroup please contact your local playgroup.
As per the state government announcement kindergartens will remain open until further notice. For further information reading the opening times, please contact your kindergarten directly.
In response to the declaration of a State of Emergency in Victoria and int he interest of public safety and community reassurance, Frankston City Council-run community centres and youth services will close as of midnight Tuesday, 17 March until further notice.
- Frankston North Community Centre
- Frankston South Community and Recreation Centre
- Ebdale Community Hub and Learning Centre - Including the Impact Volunteering Referral Desk. Impact Volunteering can be contacted via email only. Please do not leave any voice messages as phones will not be monitored during this time
- Karingal PLACE Neighbourhood Centre — with the exception of essential Maternal and Child Health services (see below and above), community kindergarten and Karingal Primary School
- Youth Central and other youth services
Please refer to your community centre for further details.
For any information about Maternal and Child Health services and immunisation sessions at these centres please contact 9784 1756.
Council Grant Program
Council's Neighbourhood Grant will not be accepting applications until further notice.
If you suspect you may have the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), please call the dedicated hotline on 1800 675 398. Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.
Visit the Department of Human Health and Services website for the latest updates.
This page was last updated 2 April