Managing Customer Complaints

Our Commitment

Managing complaints is an important part of Frankston City Council's Service Excellence Commitment. Your comments provide us with valuable feedback to allow for continuous service improvement.

How do I make a complaint?

If you have a complaint please contact the department that provides the service you are complaining about. If you are unsure who you should contact phone 1300 322 322 or + 61 3 9784 1888 and you will be put through to the appropriate person.

Contact details:

  • Frankston City Council, PO Box 490, Frankston VIC  3199
  • Frankston City Council
    Civic Centre, Davey Street, Frankston
  • Langwarrin Service Centre, Gateway Shopping Centre, Langwarrin
  • Seaford Service Centre, 1/6 Broughton Street, Seaford
  • Phone: 1300 322 322
  • Email:

How your complaint will be investigated?

Your complaint will be directed to the business unit best able to deal with the issue. The business unit will take responsibility for investigating the issue, acknowledging your complaint within seven (7) days, and providing you with a timeframe in which the issue will be responded to.

When making a complaint please ensure that you provide all relevant facts and, where possible, include dates, times and contact names. If you have an email address and a mobile phone number, it's helpful to include these too.

Note that we handle personal information in accordance with privacy laws and will use that information only for the purposes of handling the complaint in accordance with the Privacy Act 2000.

What if the matter still cannot be resolved and I wish to escalate it?

If you're not satisfied with the response you may refer the matter to the Manager or the General Manager of the relevant division. Additionally you may refer the matter to the Chief Executive Officer.

What is the role of the Internal Ombudsman?

The Internal Ombudsman at Frankston City deals with customer concerns that cannot be resolved by Officers, Managers or General Managers. Based on industry best practice principles, the Chief Executive Officer may refer complaints directly to the attention of the Internal Ombudsman.

The Internal Ombudsman conducts impartial investigations into referred matters and any administrative practices of the Council but does not represent complainants or defend the Council. The Internal Ombudsman's role is to investigate matters in dispute or where concerns are held about the way in which a Council officer has handled their request, query or complaint.

A request to the Internal Ombudsman must be in writing to the Chief Executive Officer using the "Request for Ombudsman Investigation" form. Download a free copy of the form on the Internal Ombudsman page.

Further actions

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your concerns, you have the right to take your complaint to an external agency such as Ombudsman Victoria, by phoning 9613 6222 or toll free on 1800 806 314.


PDF Files Disclaimer

Get Adobe ReaderAdobe Acrobat is used to view Portable Document Files (PDF). Download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website (the Adobe website opens in a new window).

All PDF files on this website open in a new window. If you cannot access a PDF document on this page, contact Frankston Council on 1300 322 322 for more details, or for a hard copy of the document.

Back to top