Frankston Mechanics Institute
With spectacular views over Frankston Waterfront, the Mechanics Institute has been recently renovated to its former glory. The venue has a large hall with stage and kitchen facilities as well as two meeting rooms. It is ideally suited for performances and community events.
- Main hall dimensions: 231.6m2 (19.3m x 12.0m)
- Stage – 47.5m2 (6.5m wide x 7.3m deep, with change wings)
- The main hall seats a maximum of 210 people
- Polished floorboards
- Kitchen with four-burner stove, oven, fridge, hot water urn, microwave, fridge, dishwasher and small servery into the main hall
- Change rooms and toilets
- Heating and cooling
- Wheelchair accessible
- Available furniture: Seats – 100 (approximately) , Folding Tables – 10 (approximately)
- The venue also has two meeting rooms which are currently not available for hire due to these being occupied by the Coast Guard. While this should not affect your booking in any way, please contact Council to discuss.
- Parking – 10 dedicated spaces and one accessible parking space are dedicated to the venue. There are a number of on and off-street parking spaces in the immediate precinct – but depending on the timing of your event you may have to share with others)
This venue is suitable for performances, exhibitions, community events, dance groups (excluding tap-dancing) and martial arts groups. 18th-21st birthday parties are not permitted.
Please note that the meeting rooms are not available for hire at this stage.
If you would like to conduct a site inspection, check availability, gain more information or make a booking please contact Council on:
P. 1300 322 322
1N Plowman Place, Frankston
Public Transport – rail and buses are available from throughout Frankston City centre (5 min walk)