Brief summary of program purpose
Parenting has always come with its own unique challenges and never more so than the present.
Learn how to support your teen to develop positive coping skills, build their resilience and navigate challenges constructively. Transform misunderstanding, exasperation and doubt into certainty, optimism and strength.
Over three weekly sessions, you will be guided through this solutions-based program and supported to address individual concerns effectively.
- Different parenting styles
- Brain development, the fear response and age-appropriate behaviour
- Strategies you can implement to promote calmer, less emotional responses including:
- Focusing & Grounding exercises
- Body mapping, Testing worries, Name it to tame it
- Connecting thoughts, feelings, behaviour and body sensations
- Identifying and developing coping skills and building resilience
- The role of communication, compassion and ‘sensitive parenting skills’
What you will learn:
- Increased confidence in sharing your parenting concerns
- The transformation of misunderstanding, exasperation and doubt into certainty, optimism and strength
- Clear and evidence-based information about parenting strategies that work
- Guidance and advice for feeling more competent and confident in responding to your adolescent child’s needs as well as tips for looking after your own
Best suited to:
Parents and carers of teenagers aged 13 to 18
The workshop is delivered over three weeks in two hour sessions
Next workshops dates: Thursday August 13, August 20 and August 27
Time: 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Due to COVID-19 social distancing restrictions, this workshop will be delivered online using a secure, internet based platform.
Dates and Times
Thursday 13 August 2020
Thursday 27 August 2020
Delivered online by Heartlinks, 60 - 64 Wells Street Frankston 3199