'Love Where You Live - Stories of Seaford' is a community event organised by a small group of Seaford residents in partnership with Frankston City Council.
Start with a walk at 12pm with a choice of three different community walks (see below) led by local community groups, each finishing at Seaford Community Centre around 1pm and / or join in later with a community gathering at Seaford Communty Centre from 1pm - 4pm. There will be story-sharing, a sausage sizzle, community group stalls, activities, demonstrations, entertainment and face painting.
If you live, work or play in Seaford, come along and share your fun or interesting Seaford story, big or small. There will be opportunities for both quiet and public sharing, and for putting your story in writing. Bring a photograph if you can.
- Dogs are not permitted on walks or at the community gathering at Seaford Community Centre afterwards (Assistance Dogs permitted).
- This is a single-use plastic free event so please plan ahead and take reusable cup / drink bottle / food container / cutlery for use at and around this event.
Free Walk Details
- Each walk starts at 12pm and ends at Seaford Community Centre at approximately 1.00 pm.
- Register for walks on the day at the start location of each walk. Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start time to allow time for this.
- Children under 15 years must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Enclosed shoes must be worn ( e.g. runners). Check the weather forecast prior to the event and wear appropriate and comfortable clothing for walking. Take rain wear if necessary.
- Remember hat, sunscreen, water bottle, snack (without plastic wrapping e.g. fruit).
Free Walk 1. Trail the Creek
- Led by Kananook Creek Association.
- Start time and location: 12.00 pm at front of Seaford Community Centre, 1/6 Broughton St, Seaford.
- Car parking available in Seaford Village area and at train station.
- Walk description: Follow Kananook Trail north from Seaford Community Centre, return same route. Learn about the flora and fauna of your local creek.
Free Walk 2. Down's Estate and Wetlands Walk
- Led by Down's Estate.
- Start time and location: 12.00 pm at Down's Estate Community Project entrance gates, Old Wells Rd, Seaford (look for the large pine trees. Frankston City Motorcycle Park motor track is opposite).
- Car parking available on grassy area opposite Down's Estate entrance.
- Walk description: Look at Down's Estate community gardens then follow the walking trail south around Seaford Wetlands and on to Seaford Community Centre. Learn about the histories of Harry Down, the Down's Estate Community Project and Carrum Carrum Swamp. Observe birds of Seaford Wetlands.
Free Walk 3. Suburban Soul
- Led by Belvedere Community Centre.
- Start time and location: 12.00 pm at Belvedere Community Centre, 36 Belvedere Rd, Seaford.
- Car parking available at or near Belvedere Community Centre.
- Walk description: Walk from the Austin Road Bridge in Belvedere, over the Great Divide (the freeway) and through suburbia bordering the Wetlands to the centre of Seaford. Learn about the history of Belvedere Community Centre.
Dates and Times
Saturday 16 November 2019
Saturday 16 November 2019
12pm to 1pm