Event Application Forms

When is a Frankston City Council Event Permit required?

An Event Permit issued from Frankston City Council is permitted when you are hosting or running an event in a public space on Council owned/managed land within the municipality. This includes, but not limited to parks, reserves, foreshores, car parks, streets, nature strips etc.

Event Fees and Charges

Fee and charges are split into three categories, commercial, community and not-for-profit and can be found here. (446KB)

Major Events

Over 500 participants and/or spectators

If you are running a major event please ensure you have read all of the information available on risk and safety management, food and beverage and signs, noise and neighbours. Also found through the below links are useful templates for community use.

Major Events Application

To process your major event application, please apply online here.

Minor Events

 Under 500 participants and/or spectators

Use of Drones or RPAs at your event

If you are considering using a drone or a remotely piloted aircraft at your event, please download the attached Drone Guidelines, which also includes links to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA)  rules, regulations and requirements website.

Request the Mayor and Councillors to attend your Event

Advertise your event with Council

If you would like to be included in the What’s On calendar on our website, please add your event details via the link below:

Weddings Ceremonies

Wedding Ceremonies including using Foreshores and Reserves

Filming and Photography

 Visit the Filming and Photography pages for full details

Outdoor Dining Smoking Bans

The state government’s introduction of smoking bans on Tuesday 1 August 2017 for all outdoor dining areas will affect event and market organisers, whose events offer outdoor dining or food preparation.

The easiest way for event organisers to comply with the new smoking laws is to ban smoking, or establish a 10-metre buffer zone between all designated smoking and food service areas.

A failure to comply with the new laws may put event and market organisers at risk of a fine.

More information can be found at health.vic.gov.au.  

Otherwise, ask to speak to one of Council’s Environmental Health Officers, who can offer further advice and assistance about how to comply with the new legislation.

Once your form is complete please submit to details found on the top of the form.

Contact Us

If you have any questions in regard to this process or generic event assistance and advice, please contact the Major Event unit at Frankston City Council.

Major Events
Frankston City Council
PO Box 490
Frankston 3199
P. 1300 322 322
E. frankstonevents@frankston.vic.gov.au

PDF Files Disclaimer

Get Adobe ReaderAdobe Acrobat is used to view Portable Document Files (PDF). Download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website (the Adobe website opens in a new window).

All PDF files on this website open in a new window. If you cannot access a PDF document on this page, contact Frankston Council on 1300 322 322 for more details, or for a hard copy of the document.

Back to top