About The Waterfront Festival 2020
Date: Saturday 15 February, 11am–10pm and Sunday 16 February, 11am–6pm
Cost: FREE entry with costs for rides, market stalls, food and amusements
Location: 7N Pier Promenade, Frankston Waterfront
The Waterfront Festival is your chance to play by the Bay.
Relax on the lawn while you enjoy live music, and fuel your weekend of fun with delicious cuisine from some of Victoria’s best food trucks. Shop till you drop at the market stalls then grab a friend and brave one of the many rides and amusements on offer.
On Saturday night, be dazzled by a spectacular fireworks display launched from the end of Frankston Pier and don’t forget to bring your swimmers to take advantage of the many water-based activities available across the weekend.
For information about rides, stage times and more, see our "What's On and When" page.
- Tonnes of live music across two stages
- Fireworks display at 9.45pm Saturday
- Rides and amusements
- Food trucks and garden bar
- Market stalls
- Beach inflatables
- Roving entertainers
- Kids activities including, abseiling wall, rope bridge, bowling, marine touch tanks and CPR lessons
- Water activities including, sailing, fishing and stand-up paddle boarding
- Demonstrations and much more
- Children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times
- There is no smoking allowed within the event site
- Event may be cancelled at any time due to inclement weather
- Please leave your pets at home. Service animals are welcome.
No parking is available within the event site, however limited parking is available at the following locations. (Time restrictions and fees may apply. Refer to signage):
- Bayside Shopping Centre’s Entertainment Complex
- Frankston Arts Centre
- Plowman Place
- Frankston Civic Centre
- High Street, Davey Street and Wells Street
Car park and boat ramp closures
- The Kananook boat ramp car park and boat launching facilities will be closed from 12:01am on Friday 14 February until 12:01 Monday 17 February. The Oliver’s Hill boat launching facilities and car park will remain open.
- The Pier Promenade Northern car park will be closed from 12.01am Friday 14 February until 12.01am Monday 17 February.
- The Pier Promenade Southern car park (playground car park), will be closed from 12.01 on Saturday 15 February until 12.01am Monday 17 February. Traffic will be unable to turn right at the traffic lights into Pier Promenade from Nepean Highway (southbound)
- Traffic travelling along Nepean Highway between Davey Street and Liddesdale Avenue (north and southbound) will be slowed to 40km
Visit Public Transport Victoria to plan your journey
Public Transport Victoria advises buses will replace trains between Moorabbin, Frankston and Stony Point while level crossing removal works take place until Sunday 16 February. Please allow additional time when travelling. For more information on bus replacements please visit the Public Transport Victoria website or call 1800 800 007.
Follow us for event updates:
Frankston City Council
PO Box 490
P. 1300 322 322