About the Christmas Festival of Lights
Frankston’s Christmas Festival of Lights is celebrating 22 years of bringing Christmas to our city.
This much-anticipated annual Christmas event holds a special place in the hearts of residents and visitors, offering a magical night of fun, entertainment and festivity for all. Enjoy FREE activities including a live theatre experience of The Grinch Christmas Show, Main Stage performances with Kylie Auldist headlining, Minions Meet and Greet, Christmas Kids activities at Frankston Library and most importantly visits with Santa at Cube 37.
This year’s lighting of Frankston City’s spectacular century-old Norfolk Pine Christmas Tree will be the most epic yet - one lucky child will have the honour of participating in the tree lighting ceremony! You can enter the competition here.
This is followed by a spectacular fireworks display.
Date: Saturday 30 November 2019
Cost: FREE entry, with costs for rides, food, market stalls and amusements
Location: Frankston Arts Centre precinct, Frankston Library, Davey Street and surrounds.
- Live music and Christmas carols on the legendary main stage. Headlining is Kylie Audist with her amazing band.
- The exciting launch of Frankston’s Skating Wonderland
- See Santa’s Grand Arrival Parade with your chance to visit him at Cube 37
- The Grinch Christmas Stage Show at Frankston Arts Centre
- Minions Meet and Greet
- North Pole Activity Centre
- Christmas Kids at Frankston Library
- Rides and amusements
- Little Beauty Christmas Market and Big Screen
- Foods from around the world at the Star Festival Dining precinct
- Tree lighting and fireworks display (from 9.15pm)
||The Kazoos featuring Santa's Grand Arrival
||Mayor's welcome and Welcome to Country
||Pevan and Sarah
||The Voice of Frankston
||PLOS Musical Productions, Mamma Mia the Musical
||Australian Welsh Male Choir
||Christmas sing-a-long with James Franklin and Elisabeth Murdoch College Jazz Band
Road closures and detours
The below roads will be closed from 4am Saturday 30 November to 3am Sunday 1 December:
- Davey Street — between Nepean Highway and Baxter Street
- Young Street —between Playne Street and High Street
- Plowman Place
- Baxter Street
- Children must be supervised by a parent/guardian at all times
- Some aspects of the event may change due to inclement weather, any changes will be communicated on the website and social media pages
- This is a smoke, drug, alcohol and pet-free event
- Please ensure your pets are securely contained at home during the fireworks display between 9.15 and 9.30pm
- Pram and wheelchair pathways
- A parent pod will be located in the Little Beauty Market precinct equipped with a change table, comfortable feeding chair and kitchenette
Visit Public Transport Victoria to plan your journey and to find out more information about bus detours.
Click for more Frequently Asked Questions
Follow us for event updates
Frankston City Council
PO Box 490
P. 1300 322 322