2020 - 2021 Tourism Event Attraction Program
Easily accessed from Melbourne and the surrounding south-eastern suburbs, Frankston City is the ideal location to attract varied audiences seeking unique and memorable experiences with family and friends.
The Tourism Event Attraction Program has been designed to attract tourism events which drive economic returns outside of the event and give both visitors and residents year-round reasons to seek out and experience our City’s urban bayside location.
The 2020-2021 Program offers two grants of $12,000 to support event management companies wishing to create or relocate their tourism event to Frankston.
The Program seeks to attract events which:
- create positive economic benefits through partnerships and collaboration with local business
- are staged over multiple days, weeks and/or locations to support the potential for increased overnight stays
- support Frankston City's contribution to the Victorian and Mornington Peninsula regional tourism experience
- promote local inclusion and accessibility
To-date the Program has supported the delivery of 20 events over four years. These events have attracted over 200,000 people and have contributed an additional $35.157 million into the local economy.
Applications open 10am Tuesday 14 July. Make sure you review the Program Guidelines (419KB) prior to applying to ensure your event is eligible.
- Applications open: 10am, Tuesday 14 July 2020
- Applications close: 4pm, Monday 31 August 2020
- Shortlist and interviews: Monday 7 to 11 September 2020
Successful candidates and contracts issued: Monday 5 to Friday 9 October 2020
Tourism and Visitor Services
Frankston City Council
PO Box 490
P. 1300 322 842