2021 - 2022 Tourism Event Attraction Program
Uniquely positioned on the bay, with an abundance of open spaces and natural bushland and an urban city in its heart, Frankston City is the ideal location to attract varied audiences seeking unique and memorable experiences with family and friends.
The Tourism Event Attraction Program (Program) has been designed to attract unique, memorable and engaging tourism events to Frankston City. Different to community events, tourism events drive visitation and economic returns to our business community and give both visitors and residents year-round reasons to discover and experience our City’s urban bayside location.
The Program is seeking events which:
- create unique experiences resulting in a sense of urgency and ‘fear of missing out’;
- drive visitation and encourage dispersal to hospitality, entertainment and retail precincts;
- are staged over multiple days, weeks and/or locations to extend attraction duration and the potential for overnight stays from regional, intrastate and interstate audiences;
- create positive economic benefits through partnerships and collaboration with local business;
- support the positioning of Frankston City as an events destination and raise the City’s profile through positive media coverage to extended audiences; and
- respond to the lifestyle and amenity of Frankston City, as an urban destination which melds city living with coastal lifestyle and outdoor experiences.
Please review the Program Guidelines for more details regarding the program, application process and eligibility.
To-date the Program has supported the delivery of 20 events over four years. These events have attracted over 200,000 people and have contributed an additional $35.157 million into the local economy.
Applications for the 2021-2022 Program open Wednesday 4 August and closes at 4pm on Friday 3 September. Late applications will not be accepted.
Tourism and Campaign Marketing
Frankston City Council
PO Box 490
P. 1300 322322