Frankston North Community Centre
For any information about Maternal and Child Health services and Immunisation sessions at this centre please contact 9784 1756.
For urgent enquiries please contact Frankston City Council 1300 322 322.
Located in the heart of Frankston North, the Centre is a Council run facility with programs and activities that are community led and/or facilitated. We work with agencies, groups and organisations to foster a sense of belonging, curiosity, skills development and health and wellbeing for all.
- Children’s activities for ages 0-12 yrs
- Community Café offering delicious, low cost meals and espresso coffee
- Computer classes for beginners
- Recreation activities including weekly walking group, cooking programs and craft
- School Holiday Program
- Youth Hangout activities for ages 12 - 18
- Men's Forum
- Fitness Programs (Boxing, Meditation, Pilates & Yoga)
The majority of our programs/activities run during the school term only. Drop by and soak up the welcoming atmosphere of Frankston North Community Centre. Our community programs and activities recognise the interests, skills and talents of our local community with a view to fostering friendships, joy and belonging.
Spaces for Hire
Frankston North Community Centre has spaces for hire on a casual or permanent basis including:
- Jack Verity Hall
- Computer Room
- 3 meeting rooms (and a Boardroom)
- Annex (with kitchen)
Venue Hire Forms
For more information please contact our Administration Officer on 03 8773 9545.
The Introduction to Hospitality
Local community members are encouraged to join The Introduction to Hospitality program. The course is for anyone with an interest in hospitality as it develops entry level techniques in food preparation, food and beverage service training and customer service through a hands on learning experience within a well-established community café with professional trainers.
Introduction to Hospitality includes:
- Hygiene and the effective storage of food
- Communication skills and styles
- Time management techniques
- Introduction into food preparation skills and knowledge
- Introduction to recipe and menu design
- Induction into customer service
To find out more, please contact our Engagement Officer on 8773 9546.
The centre has a warm, welcoming and friendly volunteering team, it’s a central part of the program. Volunteering helps the local community and the benefits of volunteering are enormous to you too. Let’s see how we can match your skills, talents and interests to build on the great projects and programs run at the centre. Experience has shown the right volunteer role can help you to find friends, reach out and help the community, learn new skills, and even help you on a pathway to new learning and potentially employment.
To get involved please contact our Engagement Officer on 8773 9546.