Roads managed by Council
Register of Public Roads
Frankston City Council must keep a Register of Public Roads and ancillary areas of which it is the coordinating Road Authority. Roads may be added to or removed from the Register and non-inclusion of a road on the Register of Public Roads does not affect the status of the road as a public highway or affect the right of public use of the public highway.
Report a Road Issue
If you spot a pothole or other problem on a road managed by Council, you can report a road issue online.
Road Management Plan
The Road Management Plan outlines Frankston City Council's road management responsibilities and details the standards of road maintenance service for roads within this municipality. It also describes the management system established by the Council to carry out its duty under the Road Management Act 2004 to inspect, maintain and repair public roads for which it is responsible.
Read more about the Council Road Management Plan
The Road Management Act
The Road Management Act establishes a coordinated management system that promotes safe and efficient road networks at state and local levels. To enable co-ordination of road management, the Act establishes a "coordinating Road Authority", that has co-ordination functions, and a "Responsible Road Authority", which has operational functions.
Read more about the Road Management Act
How Council maintains service roads
- Fallen trees from the nature strip
- Broken/missing pit lids on the nature strip
- Signs on the nature strip
Roads not managed by Council
A number of main roads and major thoroughfares in Frankston City are managed and maintained by VicRoads or other authorities.
Where those main roads have a service lane such as Cranbourne Road or Frankston-Dandenong Road, VicRoads maintains the main road while Council manages and maintains the service road.
Roads managed by VicRoads
- Ballarto Road
- Baxter-Tooradin Road
- Cranbourne Road
- Cranbourne-Frankston Road
- Dandenong-Hastings Road or Westernport Highway
- Dandenong Road West
- Davey Street, between Nepean Highway and Hastings Road
- Fletcher Road
- Frankston-Dandenong Road
- Frankston-Flinders Road
- Hastings Road
- Klauer Street
- Moorooduc Highway
- Frankston Freeway
- Lathams Road, from Rutherford Road
- Nepean Highway
- Seaford Road
- Thompson Road
- Wells Road - Overton Road to Klauer Street
All footbridges over the Frankston Freeway, Wells Road and Brunel Road are Managed by VicRoads.
Road, traffic and hazardous road conditions can be reported to VicRoads 24 hour service: phone 13 11 70
Roads managed by Peninsula Link
Phone Peninsula Link: 1300 453 035
Roads managed by Connect East:
Phone Connect East: 13 54 65 (13 LINK)
Roads on the municipality's boundaries:
- Thompson Road - City of Greater Dandenong - phone 9239 5100
- Baxter-Tooradin Road Sages Road - Mornington Peninsula Shire - phone 1300 850 600
- Humphries Road - Mornington Peninsula Shire - phone 1300 850 600
- Eel Race Road (West of Eel Race drain) - Kingston City Council - phone 1300 653 356