You will require a planning permit if your land is in the:
- General Residential Zone and less than 300sqm in area
- Residential Growth Zone and less than 300sqm in area
- Low Density Residential Zone
- Mixed Use Zone and less than 300sqm in area
- Rural Conservation Zone
- Green Wedge Zone.
You may require a planning permit if your land is:
- affected by any overlays
- has an existing planning permit
- there is more than one dwelling on the land.
You can find out if a zone or overlay applies to your land on the VicPlan website.
Domestic services such as access ramps, sky lights, shade sales, air conditioning and security systems generally don't need a planning permit unless the land is affected by a Heritage Overlay.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with our Statutory Planning department.