Sandfield Reserve Master Plan
Have your say on future improvements at Sandfield Reserve
Update: Community consultation was undertaken and closed on Sunday 6 June with a pop up event in Sandfield Reserve event scheduled for May postponed due to recent COVID-19 restrictions. The pop up event will now occur on Saturday 3 July, 10–11.30am to enable the community to provide any feedback to the project team.
Frankston City has been developing a new Landscape Masterplan for Sandfield Reserve in conjunction with the implementation of the new Off Leash Dog Park. Site analysis of the existing conditions has been undertaken and recent feedback received from the community has been considered in the development of the Draft Plan.
Council recognises the need to transform Sandfield Reserve into a more inclusive and family friendly local park as a multi-use destination that caters for a diverse range of users. The Draft Plan provides a new vision for Sandfield Reserve to meet community needs, balancing and enhancing existing uses and creating new recreation opportunities for the Carrum Downs community. These include:
- As a result of the need to upgrade the play space, two options for the location of upgraded play within the reserve are provided for community feedback;
- Improved all abilities access within the reserve with an improved path network and lighting;
- Upgraded youth space;
- Outdoor fitness equipment;
- Enhanced park amenity including seating, signage and waste/recycle bins;
- New tree planting;
- Protect the existing lawn area for informal play and ball sports;
- Opportunity for activation with food trucks to provide a destination for the community
How can I have my say?
If you wish to discuss the plan with the project team you can do so by attending the in person event on Saturday 3 July, 10–11.30am to enable the community to provide any feedback to the project team.
How we will use your input?
Responses received during the consultation period and during the in person event will be considered in the development of the final Plan which will be exhibited later in the year.