Find out how to:
- report a dangerous building, structure or emergency
- lodge a general building concern or complaint with Council
- report a domestic building dispute
- lodge a complaint about a registered building practitioner.
To get help from Police, Fire or Ambulance in an emergency, call 000.
If you think there is a building or structure that may be dangerous to occupants or the public, call us immediately on 1300 322 322.
Our building services team can help with concerns related to the Building Act 1993. This may include:
- a dangerous building, structure or emergency
- dangerous building works or earthworks associated with a building or structure
- illegal works without a permit
- unsafe pools or spas
- illegal boarding houses
- concern relating to building permits issued by Council
- concern relating to siting provisions provided in Part 5 of the regulations' prior to referral to the Victorian Building Authority (VBA)
- concern relating to building permits issued by a private building surveyor, if they are a matter of danger or emergency.
If you have a general concern relating to a building permit issued by a private building surveyor, we suggest contacting the surveyor directly. We may be able to provide contact details upon request. If your issue is not resolved, you can lodge a complaint with the Victorian Building Authority.
To lodge a general concern, contact us by phone, email or in person.
Please include the location of the site, relevant dates and the reason for your concern. Your details will remain confidential.
Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria (DBDRV) is a free government service for builders and owners.
Visit the DBDRV website to lodge a request.
If you have a concern relating to your building project, we suggest contacting your private building surveyor.
If your issue is not resolved, you can lodge a complaint with the Victorian Building Authority.
Complaints relating to building practitioners are handled by the VBA’s Practitioners Board. This may include: