Disability Services and Information Resource Guide (DRG)
What is Alfred Health Carer Services
Alfred Health Carer Services provides free information and support to carers who live in Melbourne’s southern metropolitan region. This includes local government areas of Port Phillip, Stonnington, Glen Eira, Bayside, Kingston, Greater Dandenong, Casey, Frankston, Cardinia Shire and the Mornington Peninsula Shire.
Every caring journey has its challenges. Maintaining your own health and wellbeing is important. We can help you find the most useful supports for your situation.
We provide Carer Gateway (Commonwealth-funded) and Support for Carers (State-funded) services:
- support for carers to focus on their own needs and personal goals
- information and assistance to connect carers with the right support services
- support to access respite and equipment
- carer coaching
- facilitated peer to peer support to enhance carer wellbeing
- events for carers focusing on education, peer support and social connection
We also provide respite services, resources and supported activities for older people with care needs, and their carers, via the Commonwealth Home Support Program. Fees apply for this program.
How to contact
- Call us on 1800 51 21 21, Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm.
- For an interpreter, call Telephone Interpreter Service on 131 450 to arrange a call to speak with us.
- Visit our website www.carersouth.org.au
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- For emergency respite and after-hours support call Carer Gateway on 1800 422 737
www.carergateway.gov.au has many online options to help reduce the strain of caring. These include peer support, self-guided coaching, phone-based counselling and practical skills courses.
Frankston City Council
30 Davey Street
P. 1300 322 322
PDF Files Disclaimer
Adobe Acrobat is used to view Portable Document Files (PDF). Download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website (the Adobe website opens in a new window).
All PDF files on this website open in a new window. If you cannot access a PDF document on this page, contact Frankston Council on 1300 322 322 for more details, or for a hard copy of the document.