Municipal Early Years Plan
The Frankston City Council Municipal Early Years Plan (2021-2025) (MEYP) is Frankston City Council’s strategic plan for how we will work in partnership with government, services and the community over the next four years to build positive outcomes for children aged 0-6 years and their families.
The MEYP will ensure that Council is well placed to facilitate positive outcomes for young children and their families in local communities, by providing strategic direction for the planning, coordination and delivery of early years programs, activities, services delivered by Council, whilst also delivering improved social, economic, and safety outcomes for the community.
- Council recognises that through the MEYP 2021-2025 we can achieve significant benefits for our municipality including:
- Capacity building for families and their children
- Engagement of key community partners who have clear roles in working towards locally agreed outcomes
- Provision of long-term early years planning guidance across all council departments, particularly infrastructure planning
- Articulation of Council’s role in service and infrastructure provision, planning, advocacy and community capacity building across the universal, targeted and intensive service system
- Informed decision making and maximising use of resources; and
- The foundation for partnership and negotiations between other levels of government
Every child in Frankston City has the best start in life; is given a voice; and has the opportunities to learn, develop and grow to reach their full potential.
The MEYP 2021–2025 adheres to the following guiding principles:
- All young children are engaged, confident and creative learners
- All children are safe, cared for and experience optimal health and development
- Families feel well supported by high quality, inclusive services for children and families in the early years
- Vulnerability, location, disconnection and disadvantage do not determine outcomes for young children
- Families are connected to culture, actively participate in community life and can access help when and where they need it
The MEYP is further guided by the following principles:
- Children’s rights and their voices will be respected, actively supported and promoted
- Local councils can achieve significant benefits for their municipalities.
The MEYP is a holistic roadmap for how Council will work to enable positive early childhood development in the municipality, through a whole-of-Council approach in Frankston City. Whilst the Family Health Support Services Department will lead and oversee the implementation of the MEYP, all areas of Council that we understand can contribute to positive early childhood development, are reflected in this plan.
Download a copy of the Municipal Early Years Action Plan 2021-2025(PDF, 28MB).