The Frankston Regional Recycling and Recovery Centre (FRRRC) accepts most waste. However it is not a landfill site and FRRRC does not accept food, liquid or hazardous waste.
The gatehouse attendant will assess all materials prior to entry. The gatehouse attendant’s decision is final.
These are currently accepted free-of-charge, please note conditions *#:
- BBQ gas bottles (9 kg bottles only)
- Car batteries
- Cardboard and paper
- Co-mingled bottles, cans and jars *
- E-waste (electronic goods including mobile phones)
- Household batteries *
- Light globes and fluorescent tubes *
- Mobile phones *
- Motor oil - must be clearly labelled in motor oil containers only. Maximum size 20 litre container (free for residents only)
- Paint and paint tins #
- Scrap metal
- TVs / computers
- VHS/DVD/CDs *
- White goods - fridges, dishwashers etc
- X-rays *
* Free for small amounts from households only
# Paint and paint tins are accepted as part of the Paintback initiative.
Items accepted include, but are not limited to, interior and exterior paint, deck coatings, floor paints, undercoats, sealers, stains and varnishes. A maximum sealed container size of 20 litres applies, with a maximum 100 litres per visit.
More information can be found at
Conditions apply as per the Paintback initiative and some items, such as aerosols, are not accepted.
The items below are accepted - costs apply
Save money at the gate by sorting and separating your waste under these five categories:
- Re-useable goods - furniture, bric-a-brac
- Carpet & Underlay
- Cement sheeting
- All building materials
- Christmas trees ($5 each)
- Garden trimmings
- Lawn clippings
- Stumps and roots
- Tree branches
- Bed bases and mattresses are charged separately
- Soil - clean fill
Remember to secure your load properly to prevent spillage of waste from your vehicle or trailer.
Items NOT Accepted
Any load containing prohibited items may be refused entry.
- Chemicals, solvents, fuels
- Domestic garbage
- Food waste
- Gas bottles other than BBQ (9 kg)
- Hazardous / medical waste
- Liquid waste
- Oil other than motor oil
- Any fuel-operated vehicle (contact Sims Metal for disposal, phone 9786 1661)
Please visit our A-Z Waste and Recycling Directory to find out where to dispose of many these item
FRRRC Is not a landfill site. No food, liquid or hazardous waste accepted.
20 Harold Road, Skye
(off Ballarto Road, opposite the Skye Recreation Reserve)
P. 1300 322 322
5 mins from
- Frankston North
- Botanic Ridge
- Cranbourne South
- Carrum Downs
- Cranbourne West
10 mins from
- Frankston South
- Langwarrin South
- Open seven days a week, 8am-4pm
- Closed Good Friday and Christmas Day
Please contact FRRRC on days of extreme weather to confirm any changes to opening hours.
The Centre takes a wide range of materials and a discounted charge for hard waste applies to Frankston City residents. Residents must show a valid driver’s license as proof of residency. The Centre will also take a number of items for free.
Frankston City Council
30 Davey Street
P. 1300 322 322
PDF Files Disclaimer
Adobe Acrobat is used to view Portable Document Files (PDF). Download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website (the Adobe website opens in a new window).
All PDF files on this website open in a new window. If you cannot access a PDF document on this page, contact Frankston Council on 1300 322 322 for more details, or for a hard copy of the document.