Schools Tree Planting Day
Participating in Schools Tree Day is a great way for your school to contribute to the environment.
In 2020 Frankston City Council is proud to once again support School Tree Day. Due to COVID-19, we will be doing things a bit differently.
Ways to be involved
- Hold a planting day at your school
- Build a native bee hotel or skink box.
- Learn about Biodiversity and the Urban Forest. Watch the video below or click here to learn more.
- Find more fun facts about biodiversity and Planet Ark's National Tree Day here.
- Hold a green free dress day and wear an item of clothing or accessory to school
- Do one of our Junior Explorer Activities below:
For further information please contact Council's Environmental Planning team via email: email@example.com
Free plants for Frankston City schools
Council will once again be donating up to 50 free indigenous plants for schools and pre-schools within the Municipality. Follow the steps below to take advantage of this offer:
- Register here no later than Friday 28 August 2020
- Select the number of trees, shrubs and/or grasses (up to 50 in total)
- You will receive a confirmation email with details of how to collect your plants
- Arrange a time with the Frankston Indigenous Nursery to collect plants. Details will be in your confirmation email.
- Use the 50 free plants to expand on an existing garden or develop a new area to enhance your school grounds.
- Watch your “Garden for Wildlife’ flourish!
Please note: Due to COVID-19, Council is unable to deliver this year. There will be instructions in the confirmation email on how to arrange to collect them from the Nursery
For more information about any of our programs and events please contact:
Frankston City Council
PO Box 490
Frankston VIC 3199
P. 1300 322 322