Accepted Items at FRRRC
The Frankston Regional Recycling and Recovery Centre (FRRRC) accepts most waste. However it is not a landfill site and FRRRC does not accept food, liquid or hazardous waste.
The gatehouse attendant will assess all materials prior to entry. The gatehouse attendant’s decision is final.
These are currently accepted free-of-charge, please note conditions *#:
- BBQ gas bottles (4.5 to 9kgs)
- Car batteries
- Cardboard and paper
- Co-mingled bottles, cans and jars *
- E-waste (electronic goods including mobile phones)
- Household batteries *
- Light globes and fluorescent tubes *
- Motor oil - must be clearly labelled in motor oil containers only. Maximum size 20 litre container (free for residents only)* - Note: We are now accepting motor oil and will advise when this changes.
- Paint and paint tins #
- Scrap metal
- TVs / computers
- VHS/DVD/CDs *
- White goods - fridges, dishwashers etc
- X-rays *
* Free for small amounts from households only
# Paint items accepted include, but are not limited to, interior and exterior paint, deck coatings, floor paints, undercoats, sealers, stains and varnishes. A maximum sealed container size of 20 litres applies, with a maximum 100 litres per visit. Some items, such as aerosols, are not accepted.
The items below are accepted - costs apply
Save money at the gate by sorting and separating your waste under these five categories:
- Free items
- Hard waste
- Green waste
- Bricks/Concrete/clean soil
Hard waste - Accepted
- Re-useable goods - furniture, bric-a-brac
- Carpet & Underlay
- Cement sheeting
- All building materials
Green Waste - Accepted
- Christmas trees ($6 each)
- Garden trimmings
- Lawn clippings
- Stumps and roots
- Tree branches
Mattresses - Accepted
- Bed bases and mattresses are charged separately
Bricks/Concrete/clean soil - Accepted
- Soil - clean fill (2m3 max)
Remember to secure your load properly to prevent spillage of waste from your vehicle or trailer.
Items NOT Accepted
Any load containing prohibited items may be refused entry.
- Chemicals, solvents, fuels
- Domestic garbage
- Food waste
- Gas bottles other than BBQ (9 kg)
- Hazardous / medical waste
- Liquid waste
- Oil, including motor oil
- Any fuel-operated vehicle (contact Sims Metal for disposal, phone 9786 1661)
- Aerosol paint cans
For disposal of Petrol - Call Sustainability Victoria on 1300 363 744.
For Liquid Waste contact Geocycle - www.geocycle.com.au - 1300 657 057
Please visit our A-Z Waste and Recycling Directory to find out where to dispose of many these item
FRRRC Is not a landfill site. No food, liquid or hazardous waste accepted.
- Open seven days a week, 8am-4pm.
- Closed Good Friday and Christmas Day
Please contact FRRRC on days of extreme weather to confirm any changes to opening hours.